Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DefenderX' ICC+OpenMP Dolphin Builds Windows+OS X [DISCONTINUED][UNOFFICIAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Tried this build with Harvest Moon: Magical Melody. Screen went black in the beginning so I solved it by switching on Fullscreen mode. After that it worked like a charm in full-speed and no graphical or sound issues.

Also tried Resident Evil Zero with it. No graphical or sound issues, no crashing, but only the framerate. Got around 14-20 FPS in some situations.
Well, some areas are more demanding than others, so Framedrops should be normal Wink It depends on your CPU.

But good to hear, that my builds work for ya Cool
Is absolutely no one interested in objective measurements?
I'm interested and i guess delroth too Tongue
(07-10-2012, 01:19 PM)Streeter Wrote: [ -> ]Is absolutely no one interested in objective measurements?

Why not just do the tests, regardless of who's interested? If anyone finds the results noteworthy, they'll talk about it here.
Find me something like FRAPS which doesn't run on the two cores that I use for dolphin (and hence destroy the framerate) and I'll do some tests.
Just wondering whether these ICC builds actually have any effect for an AMD Phenom II X4 3.4ghz processor? I thought i'd give it a go (your latest build) along with the latest current build on the Dolphin website and it seems to be worse, playing Super Smash Bros Brawl the games audio becomes crackly throughout where as the other "normal" build does not, using same settings etc ofcourse. Is this normal, or is my CPU not really a candidate for this type of rebuild so to speak? Thanks
Well, ICC stands for Intel C++ Compiler/Composer. Actually, the performance on Intel systems is better than on AMD system. But you can patch the Dolphin binary with authentic-AMD or the Intel Compiler Patcher.

I don't know, if this can improve performance, but some people confirm, that there is a little performance boost.
Is it easy to patch dolphin with Authentic-AMD then? I'm sorry but my recompiling understanding etc is very limited, but i'm willing to give that a go for some form of performance boost, big or small! Smile

Thanks!
Unfortunately, I haven't tested the authentic-AMD/Intel Compiler Patcher patch yet so i don't know, how to patch a Dolphin binary.

But you could figure it out on your own and maybe, if you want to, you could share your results Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41