Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DefenderX' ICC+OpenMP Dolphin Builds Windows+OS X [DISCONTINUED][UNOFFICIAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Good work.

Thanks for the effort.
you're welcome Wink

btw: nice signature Big Grin
Hi.

I'm really sorry. I shouldn't ask this here but I still haven't found any thread about. A friend told me to download this unofficial builds but WHAT IS ICC ? I searched everywhere. Dolphin site, Dolphin forum, FAQ, wiki, Google... My best result is International Criminal Court but I don't think it's the good answer. How can I know if my CPU is able to run ICC builds properly ? I don't ask anyone to make a text about this on this thread, I'm simply searching a link.
Page 19: -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid215375

Quote:How can I know if my CPU is able to run ICC builds properly ?

CPU-Z would help you, it shows the instructions your CPU supports.
hi defender

just wanted to let you know your build sounds very weird in new super mario bross wii

why is that?

and yes i tested your build long time ago and now, lectrode, and official, and yours sound weird when you hit coins or get coins in the game, i though it was a dolphin bug, but nope, it is 100% your build

that aside thanks for your icc, i wish i could now which one is faster, lectrode or yours
sixor Wrote:i though it was a dolphin bug, but nope, it is 100% your build
You just said that Lecrodes, DefenderX's and the official builds produce these 'weird' sounds.
It can't be DefenderX's fault then. It's probably a bug in Dolphin.

sixor Wrote:i wish i could now which one is faster, lectrode or yours
*know.
Try them out? That's the only way you'll know.
*UPDATE* New builds up! And i've got a little gift for ya Big Grin All the ICC Builds contain now special /O3 optimizations, which can cause a speed up! Pls test these new builds and report, if they're faster or slower Wink

* Dolphin 3.0-684-g99b7c91df5db x64/x86 with ICC optimizations (_NEW!_ /O3 optimizations)
* Dolphin 3.0-684-g99b7c91df5db x64/x86 regular builds

Click here to download ICC optimized builds!
Click here to download normal builds!
/O3 optimizations? What causes it to speed up?
(05-31-2012, 11:59 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
sixor Wrote:i though it was a dolphin bug, but nope, it is 100% your build
You just said that Lecrodes, DefenderX's and the official builds produce these 'weird' sounds.
It can't be DefenderX's fault then. It's probably a bug in Dolphin.

sixor Wrote:i wish i could now which one is faster, lectrode or yours
*know.
Try them out? That's the only way you'll know.

no, i said the weird sound in "coins" in new super mario wii is just using defender icc build

the game sounds perfect using lectrode or official builds

about which is faster i feel the same, even using official build, i wish dolphin had a built in benchmark, and yes i know fraps but there are many variables to be sure which is faster

@SnakeBoss: Pls read this Wink

Quote:/O3 optimizations:

Enables /O2 (-O2) optimizations plus more aggressive loop and
memory-access optimizations, such as scalar replacement, loop
unrolling, code replication to eliminate branches, loop blocking to allow
more efficient use of cache and additional data prefetching.

The /O3 (-O3) option is particularly recommended for applications that
have loops that do many floating-point calculations or process large
data sets. These aggressive optimizations may occasionally slow
down other types of applications compared to /O2 (-O2).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41