Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade HD Retexture Project - Updated: Version 02 Released + PS3/Xbox360 Buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
[color=#FF0000]Xenoblade HD Retexture[/color]

I was messing around with the game textures the other day and thought something like this could be fun to do. My aim is to get everything optimized for 1080p. I am in need of people to help me out with dumping textures / sending me saves / testing / retexturing / suggestions. Post or PM me if you want to help out.

[color=#800000]Version 02 - 14/03/2012[/color]
Added affinity tree party pictures
Added ingame fonts, including damage counters
Added colony 9/6 grass and foilage
Added 100+ portraits I missed in first release

Affinity tree:
[Image: affinityparty.jpg]

Fonts:
[Image: fontsk.jpg]

Grass and Foilage:
[Image: grassfoilagecompare.jpg]

[color=#800000]Version 01 - 08/03/2012:[/color]
Added combat/affinity tree/menu portraits for all party members
Added combat/menu portraits for some temporary party members and guests
Added main menu logo and fonts

[Image: characterportraitscompa.jpg]

Menu Before:
[Image: mainmenusmallbefore.jpg]
Menu After:
[Image: mainmenusmallafter.jpg]

Download Xenoblade HD Retexture Version 2 - SX4P01 Only

[color=#800000]Optional Xbox360 HD buttons:[/color]

[Image: xboxbuttons.jpg]

Download Xenoblade HD Retexture Xbox360 Buttons - SX4P01 Only

[color=#800000]Optional PS3 HD buttons:[/color]

[Image: ps3buttons.jpg]

Download Xenoblade HD Retexture PS3 Buttons - SX4P01 Only
Installation:

1. Copy the "SX4P01" folder to your ".../Dolphin/User/Load/Textures/" directory (delete or replace any existing files).
2. In Dolphin, use Direct3D9 (Direct3D11 casues issues), under Graphics Configuration, Advanced Tab, check Load Custom Textures.
3. Run and play normally.

Troubleshooting:

1. This will only work on Xenoblade with game ID SX4P01, mine is the PAL version patched with the 30fps patch.
2. If at first it does not work, save a savestate and load it, else restart Dolphin.
3. If you have Dump Textures enabled, disable it, sometimes some textures wont load if you use it with Load Custom Textures.
4. Anyone having partial load issues make sure your texture cache is set to fast (credit:
serimorph)
5. If it is still only partially working, for example one portrait is not working, take a screenshot and make a savegame an post it in my thread. (However there are issues with the big portraits in the Skill/Ability/Crafting pages only loading for Melia/Fiora)
6. If it is not working at all, post or PM me and I will try my best to assist.

Please give feedback, good or bad.

[color=#800000]Preview:[/color]

A friend of mine is working on some of the faces, here is a sneak peak (work in progress) :
[Image: sx4p0119.jpg]

[color=#800000]Also interested in doing:[/color]

• All UI elements, frames/icons/etc
  • Terrain Textures
  • Character Faces
  • Any other suggestions from the community
Wow looks so good ! Smile good job!!
I always thought that this game would be a perfect candidate for such a project. Retexturing the characters, armor, and weapons would really improve the graphical quality of the game if it is done right. Terrain and environment textures could also be improved, especially those in a certain region about 50 hours in. However, I think that there should be different versions or a separate texture pack for the button mappings, as I personally prefer using a classic controller, and there are others that use an XBox controller or the Wii Remote.

I'm not too familiar with how Dolphin or Xenoblade operates, but I would expect that the retexturing would slow down the performance a bit, especially since the environments are so large. Have you noticed any impact on the framerate?

I would be willing to help with testing.
It should not decrease performance unless your graphics card doesn't have enough VRAM to store the bigger textures.

Nice project btw Smile I hope you'll have a version with higher resolution fonts soon!
Great project. HQ fonts would be fantastic, if it's possible. I'm too busy with Skyrim modding or I'd help you, wish you the best though.
On the XBOX360 buttons. Can you also make a version that overlaps with the actual controller layout.

So

X(CC)=Y(Replacement)
Y(CC)=X(Replacement)
A(CC)=B(Replacement)
B(CC)=A(Replacement)
L(CC)=L(Replacement)
R(CC)=R(Replacement)
ZL(CC)=LT(Replacement)
ZR(CC)=RT(Replacement)
(03-06-2012, 07:32 PM)Ketze Wrote: [ -> ]On the XBOX360 buttons. Can you also make a version that overlaps with the actual controller layout.

So

X(CC)=Y(Replacement)
Y(CC)=X(Replacement)
A(CC)=B(Replacement)
B(CC)=A(Replacement)
L(CC)=L(Replacement)
R(CC)=R(Replacement)
ZL(CC)=LT(Replacement)
ZR(CC)=RT(Replacement)

Not 100% sure what you mean, do you just mean official classic controller HD buttons?

Also on a sidenote, I am in need of a savegame of someone that has all the characters unlocked please. I would like to do all the portraits and upload them so that I can get this rolling.
This is the CC Layout

[Image: 800px-Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg]

This is the Layout of the XBOX360 controller

[Image: 800px-360_controller.svg.png]

As you can see the button layout is different. Where on the classic controller you find the B button you'll find the A Button on the xbox gamepad.

I mean that you replace the corresponding textures accordingly.

So, when Xenoblade wants you to press the a button, you replace that texture with the B button of the 360 gamepad.

It makes switching from the WII to Dolphin more intuitive and makes the gameplay feel more natural.

It's just a suggestion. Thanks for all your hard work. Heart
(03-06-2012, 10:35 PM)layberneth Wrote: [ -> ]Also on a sidenote, I am in need of a savegame of someone that has all the characters unlocked please. I would like to do all the portraits and upload them so that I can get this rolling.

Does the game have to be played through on Dolphin?

Because otherwise

http://www.wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=4515

Then use the WII Save Import in Dolphin.

Easy enough, I will whip up a pack for you later and upload it seperately.

I will try the save, hopefully it works, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33