Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
TALES OF SYMPHONIA (NTSC-USA)

[Image: tales_of_symphonia-2-m.jpg]

SETTINGS

[Image: dolphingeneral.png][Image: dolphindisplay.png][Image: dolphindxgeneral.png]
[Image: dolphindxenhancements.png][Image: dolphindxadvanced.png][Image: dolphinhle.png]

KNOWN ISSUES

- I don't know why the graphics have that "ghosting" issue, but it doesn't bother me, as long as the character remains "crisp".
- I don't know why, but in menus, frame rate drops to 30.
- If you don't check "Enable XFB", your character will be "bouncing back", which is very annoying.
- EFB to RAM will slowdown your game.
- Enabling SSAA will cause slowdown in main menu, though in-game, it works fine, with good frame rates. Enable as you see fit.
- Only way to get 60fps in that snowy city called Flanoir, is clocking your processor at 4Ghz. (E8400/ Q9550/ PII 940BE/ i7 750/ i7 920 and beyond)
- OpenGL will make your game stutter hard at Flanoir, and you'll have a hard time in battles with more than three enemies.
- DX11 Plugin will cause some weird artifacts.
- You should not check Frame Skipping.
- You should uncheck OpenCL, as it slows down the game a bit.
- If you don't check "Safe Texture Cache", text will present some artifacts, making it unreadable.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

- Tested with Dolphin SVN r5867 x64.
- This same config works very well with Resident Evil 4. Be advised that you should have a processor clocked at 4Ghz to keep constant 30fps.

My Rig.

Q6600 @3.42Ghz
4GB DDR2 @1140Mhz
Radeon HD4870 1GB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

- This game is finally working well, after some thousand revisions. Able to keep 60fps most of time if your machine is able to keep it up.
- Sound emulation IS NOT PERFECT, music behaves strangely, but the SFX and voices is fine.
- A fast Dual-Core processor like E8400 is enough, as this emulator is not optimized for Quad-Core processors... Yet...
- Enabling "DSPLLE on Thread" will actually use a third core, helping a little bit. Just a little bit though...
- Widescreen hack works very well, and i do recommend to keep it checked, specially if you have a widescreen monitor.

- If you're gonna use those screens to make your guide, please credit me, putting something like "Hey AHPD! Sorry but i had to steal your screens, i hope you don't mind" Tongue.

SCREENSHOTS

Widescreen Hack
[Image: gqseaf2.jpg]

Normal
[Image: gqseaf3.jpg]
I have Phenom II 720@3.2 and the game run constantly full speed, you don't need monster processor for this game and why don't you enable idle skipping? It'd help a lot and no I don't need to enable xfb either.
Actually skips frames, that's the reason i don't use Idle Skipping.
Not enabling XFB makes your character somehow "bouncing back" when moving.

Perhaps it's specifically related to either my processor or graphics card. Perhaps Phenom II processors behave better.

I forgot to add my OS, Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I'll edit my main post.
We have the same OS, and actually I had that "bouncing" issue too on older revision but not anymore, our difference in setting :

-Enable Idle Skipping
-Disable Locks thread on core
-Disable DSPLLE on Threads
-Disable Use Panic Handlers
-Disable Vsync
-Safe Texture Cache on Normal (pretty sure won't affect performance though)
-Disable XFB
-Disable Audio Throttle

And I use force bi/trilinear (didn't affect my speed at all).
is still no way to fix the music? cuz it is one of the best aspects of the game
Music is still screwed up. Kinda choppy at this point.

Improvements to SSAA were made in those last builds. You can enable SSAA as you see fit. Be aware that you need a modern graphic card, at least a 9600GT, or it'll stutter, as SSAA is extremely demanding per its nature.

4X SSAA is fine, 8X SSAA improves but isn't that better.
yeah, i can run the game at full speed , but sadly the music is screwed up, is a shame cuz its sequel is working almost perfect
I think the two games use a different sound engine or format. The sequel may be streamed real time. I think this because even when the game slows down, the music plays full speed. When the first game slows down, the music does along with it (which is hard to tell, but yeah).
ToS uses sequenced music, which I believe Dolphin can't properly play for any game (that uses it that is). Unless...someone comes up with a patch or something.

Dart06

I have the same save problem in this as with every other gamecube game. I can't get it to save properly. It will say the memory card is corrupted and needs to be reformatted, and when I try to do it, it won't let me. Anyone know why?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32