Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I think there is a couple of misunderstandings here which should be cleared up. But before i start blabbing about things i might be wrong about, i need to ask something.

LordVador, you said you had an i5 with 2.6ghz right?

You ARE running the game with HLE right?
(06-25-2011, 03:53 AM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a couple of misunderstandings here which should be cleared up. But before i start blabbing about things i might be wrong about, i need to ask something.

LordVador, you said you had an i5 with 2.6ghz right?

You ARE running the game with HLE right?

LLE on the i5 yeah 2.8 sorry I wrote 2.6
and 3.3 with Turbo Boost Tongue
What!!! Seriously???

I am definitely glad i asked first then.

I was under the impression that it was impossible to run the game with full speed all the time using LLE with a CPU lower than 3.8 ghz. The majority of the game works fullspeed for me with my 3,4 ghz CPU, but i get fps drops and slowdowns at specific screens, for the most part menus with alot of text in them.

Would you be so kind to explain in more detail? I am guessing that your CPU can squeeze out a few more fps, considering yours is an i5, but i still think its a bit of a stretch to say that the game would run perfectly with 3.3ghz.

Are you using a build with support for SSE4.2 instructions? What kinda settings are you using?

Or am i just over thinking stuff, meaning that when you said "runs fine" you just meant playable and not perfect? Sorry, i am just really curious, i can play the game just fine with LLE, but sometimes those slowdowns can get annoying:/
(06-25-2011, 07:05 AM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]What!!! Seriously???

I am definitely glad i asked first then.

I was under the impression that it was impossible to run the game with full speed all the time using LLE with a CPU lower than 3.8 ghz. The majority of the game works fullspeed for me with my 3,4 ghz CPU, but i get fps drops and slowdowns at specific screens, for the most part menus with alot of text in them.

Would you be so kind to explain in more detail? I am guessing that your CPU can squeeze out a few more fps, considering yours is an i5, but i still think its a bit of a stretch to say that the game would run perfectly with 3.3ghz.

Are you using a build with support for SSE4.2 instructions? What kinda settings are you using?

Or am i just over thinking stuff, meaning that when you said "runs fine" you just meant playable and not perfect? Sorry, i am just really curious, i can play the game just fine with LLE, but sometimes those slowdowns can get annoying:/

No you're right when I said "works fine" it didn't mean "works perfectly" but it doesn't keep me from playing in good conditions and I insist it isn't annoying for me... now I know that if I want perfect sound I can play on my GC so maybe it made me more flexable when I play on Dolphin so If the question was does the sound is perfect I will answer no but I would lie if I said damn it I got a shitty sound... Wink

Dannyz

Anyone getting random crashes on this game? I am using 7608.

No error messages. Logs clean. Just suddenly the window quits and process ends.

phelamax

hello guys

i am using a laptop with these specs:
i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 GHz (4CPUs)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
ATI RADEON HD 5470

i tried using the stable dolphin v3.0 to play ToS using LLE to get an accurate music, but the emulator is running only at 50-60% speed..
i really cant live playing this game using HLE DSP with all those missing instruments.
is there any way to improve the performance without overclocking?
thanks
(07-18-2011, 11:47 PM)phelamax Wrote: [ -> ]hello guys

i am using a laptop with these specs:
i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 GHz (4CPUs)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
ATI RADEON HD 5470

i tried using the stable dolphin v3.0 to play ToS using LLE to get an accurate music, but the emulator is running only at 50-60% speed..
i really cant live playing this game using HLE DSP with all those missing instruments.
is there any way to improve the performance without overclocking?
thanks

Either use LLE and be slow or use HLE and be fast.

phelamax

i see..
hopefully there will be more revisions that could fix the slow performance while using LLE then..
The HLE is faster because it's missing some sound effects that are difficult to compute for the CPU.Actually you can be lucky that HLE is missing some effects, so you can play ToS on a slow CPU. Perfect and accurate playing is possible on real GameCube or Wii - Dolphin is more for experiments as i would say.

phelamax

those missing instruments really ruin my mood and gameplay experience while playing the game..
especially because every tales game has awesome soundtracks done by Sakuraba..

darn it..
not my luck yet then..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32