Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Whoa, I didn't know Abyss was released after Symphonia. And I also played the undubbed version of Abyss, since the English version didn't have voiced skits (and sounded weird).
I actually found an undub patch for Symphonia a while ago, but it just changes the existing English dialogue to Japanese and the skits remain unvoiced. Pity!
Oh well, at least the game works fine. Hope the other cutscenes don't mess up too bad.

unknown267

(10-10-2011, 11:41 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, and according to the wiki, the game should be fully playable from start to finish.

It's a great game, you should definitely play it!

As for the posters above you, they're simply being ignorant to the temple.

SPOILER (highlight if you want to read)
[color=#efefef]You have to shoot the block with the sorcerers ring in order to active it.[/color]

I'm not dumb. I shot the block with the ring and I still can't move it.
(10-11-2011, 07:48 AM)SpikeKun Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, I didn't know Abyss was released after Symphonia. And I also played the undubbed version of Abyss, since the English version didn't have voiced skits (and sounded weird).
I actually found an undub patch for Symphonia a while ago, but it just changes the existing English dialogue to Japanese and the skits remain unvoiced. Pity!
Oh well, at least the game works fine. Hope the other cutscenes don't mess up too bad.

Haha so you didn't like the English voices of Abyss either huh? After trying it in Japanese I couldnt stand the English ones. But Symphonia's English voices are really good. Yeah same, the skits are still unvoiced :/ which really sucks... I mainly wanted it for that (since I already beat Symphonia like 4 times, but never really watched the skits as they take too long w/o voices)

You should be fine, keep us updated on what you discover.

(10-11-2011, 09:30 AM)unknown267 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not dumb. I shot the block with the ring and I still can't move it.

Haha, do you perhaps have a savegame at the point you are at now? I'll check for you when I get home.
ok i had a crash with 3.0 and later in the prison, before you have to shoot the guard with the ring, I could fix this by loading the save in 2.0

Ladon

I spent the better part of the last month on and off messing with various builds and settings to see if I can get as close to flawless as possible. The biggest issue was framerate drops when spells were cast which would in turn cause the sound to stutter. I've completely resolved that in normal battles, however it's still stuttering some in boss battles when they use certain skills, however it's still greatly reduced compared to what is was like before. I've played about 30 hours now with no other issues other than the intro movie is still a problem which I've pretty much given up on

Here are my settings using a Core I7-920 @ 3.8Ghz and a GTX 570:

Using dirty build 3.0-96:

General
Dual Core Enabled
Idle Kipping Enabled
Cheats Off
Framelimit Off Limit by FPS off.
JITIL experimental recompiler
Lock Threads to Cores off
Force Console as NTSC-J off

Audio
DSP LLE recompiler
DTK Music On
DSP LLE on Thread (This seems to be a key for me in improving sound skipping in battles)
Enable Audio Throttle
DSound at 48k Hz

Graphics
Direct3D9
Full screen @1920X1200
V-Sync Off
4X Internal Resolution
AA Off (AA on in this game corrupts some text boxes)
AF 16x
Scaled EFB Copy on, everything else off.
Skip EFB access disabled
Ignore Format Changes Enabled
EFB Copies Enabled via Texture
Accuracy second fastest (Fast will result in overlay drawing issues)
External Frame Buffer Disabled

Other Options enabled, rest disabled:
Fast Mipmaps Enabled
Disable Per-Pixel Depth
OpenMP Texture Decoder (Can leave this off, doesn't seem to have much of an impact in this game)

Everything disabled in Advanced.
I kept crashes of Dolphin every ~10 Minutes, either closing without warning or Windows error. Im using build 7170 now and it works fine.
(10-16-2011, 11:36 PM)Ngage Wrote: [ -> ]I kept crashes of Dolphin every ~10 Minutes, either closing without warning or Windows error. Im using build 7170 now and it works fine.
7120? That's eight months old! Which version kept crashing for you? I'm using 3.0-151 and it's working great.
Who cares if it's 8 months old if it works fine and you don't intend to debug the build anyway?
I'm getting pretty bad (70% speed) slowdown in menus and some minor but annoying slowdown when some special attacks initiate (Angel Feathers for example).

I'm running on a Phenom II 975 OC'd to 4 GHz and a 6870 so I doubt this is a requirements issue.

Using the latest Revision (191), by the way.

I can run the rest of the game at perfect speed even with heavy enhancements, but the menus are really slow for some silly reason. I wouldn't mind the battle slowdown if it didn't mess with the sound so much, but it can be quite irritating.

Any suggestions?

Edit: D'oh, DX11 fixes the slow menus but breaks the battles even more. : (
I went out of my way to get this game used on the GCN... most insipid RPG I'd ever played. Huge disappointment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32