Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(03-03-2011, 12:24 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]HLE also still has the volume issue for many sound effects.

Thanks, I forgot to mention that.

I'll do anything if someone tells me how to stop the sound from chopping.

Dr.Shred

(04-21-2011, 07:58 PM)Ninjujitsu Wrote: [ -> ]I'll do anything if someone tells me how to stop the sound from chopping.

Optimize your current settings!The higher your overall speed is the better your sound will be.You can also try a frameskip of 1-2 (improves the speed, but it cuts down the visible fps)
(04-22-2011, 03:29 AM)Dr.Shred Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2011, 07:58 PM)Ninjujitsu Wrote: [ -> ]I'll do anything if someone tells me how to stop the sound from chopping.

Optimize your current settings!The higher your overall speed is the better your sound will be.You can also try a frameskip of 1-2 (improves the speed, but it cuts down the visible fps)

The speed fluctuates from 80%-90% seemingly at random. The FPS fluctuates also from about 53-60. I notice no actual slowdowns though. I can move around, access the menu, and fight just fine. However the sound is so choppy that it drives me insane. I've tried everything I could to get the speed up. I don't know if I'm leaving something out, but nothing seems to stop the sound from chopping or keep the speed at a constant. Besides that, the sequel works fine as people have stated which is presumably a more difficult game to run. This seems to be something on the emulator's end to me. If there's a setting to optimize it more than I already have I don't know.

thesilverpig

hey Tales fans, so first of all i have to say the people doing work on dolphin are doing some amazing things and I wish there was a beer emoticon so i could cheers them. Unfortunately i too have been having problems with the music, which I realize is unoriginal. from what I gather it should work now but the weird thing about it is I am using the LLE and its running at 60 fps about 99% percent of the time. but I am still having the problems where the instruments are dropping in and out and after reading this and many other forums i thought that the LLE recompiler would solve that issue. if anyone has had this problem or think they can suggest something I can do to fix it I would be very grateful ive played with many of the settings but i have to be missing something. oh yeah Im using rev 7477

hp envy 14
win 7
i5 3.2ghz
4gb ram
ati mobility radeon hd 5650

seeke

ToS2 and "Save Anywhere" GLITCH.

The location is in Chapter 5, red/blue knight's history puzzle.
Get stuck on the left side when loading a save that has been saved with "Save Anywhere" enabled, meaning when loaded Emil doesn't stand over the game's default saving point.
The gate to fires in the middle hall way doesn't go down, the platform in front of the Red Knight statue is reset to up top. So there's no way to press the button on the knight statue. Killing mobs doesn't do the trick.

Any1 has the same prob?

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwuok1za7bv1jxg - This is the save file, NTSC-US. See if anyone can figure this out.

bonehead

setting texture cache to "fast" causes garbage in game menus (ie letters randomly changing here and there at high speed) with the latest builds (at least since r7501, while it works fine with r7484 - haven't checked every build in between and setting texture cache to a safer value seems to fix the problem)
(04-22-2011, 06:00 AM)Ninjujitsu Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2011, 03:29 AM)Dr.Shred Wrote: [ -> ]

The speed fluctuates from 80%-90% seemingly at random. The FPS fluctuates also from about 53-60. I notice no actual slowdowns though. I can move around, access the menu, and fight just fine. However the sound is so choppy that it drives me insane. I've tried everything I could to get the speed up. I don't know if I'm leaving something out, but nothing seems to stop the sound from chopping or keep the speed at a constant. Besides that, the sequel works fine as people have stated which is presumably a more difficult game to run. This seems to be something on the emulator's end to me. If there's a setting to optimize it more than I already have I don't know.

that happens to me to but i found a solution. try to enable accurate Vbeam emulation to decrease the FPS dips, however it makes the FMVs choppy.

with Vbeam emulation hack ingame FPS 58-62
without VBeam Fps 50 - 62

BTW My specs are:

Phenom II x4 3.3ghz(no L3 cache)
4gb DDR3 1600

Hope this helps!
So...yeah, hi guys.

I have a "speed" problem with this game, and i would very much like some help on this, because after ALOT of testing, with ALOT of different settings and several revisions, i have pretty much reached my limit.

The game plays perfectly fine with HLE, aside from the music, but i i am currently using the LLE plugin to get perfect sound, and believe it or not, after doing loads and loads of testing i can run the game using LLE with almost no slowdowns.

I would guess that some may think it is a bit of a stretch to play this game using LLE with my CPU, but i just need that last bit of speed improvement to be able to really enjoy the game with perfect sound.

I am currently in the city of Palmacosta, and i get small fps drops whenever i go to a place from where i can hear the ocean. I also get 1-2 fps drops on the world map, and the battles can sometimes give me even greater fps drops. Most importantly, it is impossible to get constant 50 fps in the menus, and the fps drops are bigger, so i have to mute the sound if i wanna check the menu for a longer period of time. That being said, my speed was pretty much 100% all the time when i began to play the game with the 64bit SSE3 version of Electrodes R7505. However, unfortunately, after only running the emu a few times, it began to randomly crash on startup, and the perfect fps only really lasted during 1 of my first play sessions.

I am currently using Extreme2Damax's 64bit SSE3 version of 7120, no crashes as of yet, but i still get the slowdowns mentioned above. This is the 4th revision i have tried.
I have attached my setings further below. I Undertstand if there is pretty much nothing i can do, but ANY help will be appreciated, i am THAT close to running the game at a playable state with LLE.

Things i don't wanna hear:

DO NOT ask me to read the settings on the first page. I am fully aware that they are there, but the post itself has not been updated for quite some time and i want some more up-to-date info. That aside, the post lacks some reccomended settings, and some of the settings are just plain wrong/stupid.

DO NOT ask me to look at the Wiki page, i have tried that too, to no avail.

DO NOT ask me to read through the thread for important info, UNLESS you know there is something i have missed. I have read all pages several times.

Things i can't do:

Overclock my CPU

Thank you very much for reading this, i know this amount of text is crazy...
You could try lowering the sample rate to 32000 Hz, lowering the anisotropic filtering to x6 and lower your full screen and windowed res to 1280x720 (all of these should give you minor speed ups)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32