Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I got full speed with Dolphin 3.0 and with the new (experimental?) builds. Right now it works with 7714 x64. The occasional crash is always there. Sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes no crash at all.
But I can´t comment anything on speed as I have a pretty decent CPU.

I´m playing the PAL Version btw.
(08-13-2011, 03:10 AM)VooDoo7mx Wrote: [ -> ]I got full speed with Dolphin 3.0 and with the new (experimental?) builds. Right now it works with 7714 x64. The occasional crash is always there. Sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes no crash at all.
But I can´t comment anything on speed as I have a pretty decent CPU.

I´m playing the PAL Version btw.

And this is with LLE settings? Lucky Devil...
Ok, i had messed up my settings- apparently, forcing the resolution to fit my screen = bad idea.

With current setting, i have almost no lag, and my computer is way weaker then yours (i5 750 overclocked to 3.5, radeon 5850).

EDIT: ok, boss fights stutters still it seems.

Is there a quick way to shift from LLE to HLE during the game?

lnvisible

Is anyone else getting random slowdowns out of nowhere? I'm running this game at 1920x1080 at full 60fps all the time, except for every now and then (about for 3 seconds every 120 seconds) it jumps down to about 50% speed.

I have tried EVERYTHING. Literally. I just spent 2 straight hours trying to check different settings and other stuff, with no avail. I'm on Dolphin r7716m.

My PC specs are:

T9550 @2.66GHz (dual core)
4GB RAM
9600M GT

Direct3D9 (GPU doesnt have x11, and OpenGL doesnt give me a picture)
1920x1080
1x Native (640x528)
No SSAA
1x
Skip EFB Access from CPU
Ignore Format Changes
EFB Enabed with Virtual only
External Frame Buffer Disabled

Nothing checked on Advanced except widescreen hack.

Any help?
i already finished the game in r6054 but i had to switch to 3.0 for the disc change other than that it went perfectly smooth with

e7500 2.93
2gb Ram
XFX 9500 GT
DX9

THANK YOU SO MUCH DOLPHIN DEVS !!!!

cheers !
I'm running Symphonia on r7719 (and 3.0 before) and on the DX9 backend they both have massive slowdown problems with menus, regardless of other settings. The DX11 backend works a lot better - only slows down in the Status screen when selecting titles. This is with 2x internal res, 4xAF, fastest texture decoding (also OpenML enabled) and per-pixel depth. Always running LLE.

I also get some slowdowns during spellcasting, and this is only with minor spells as I'm only at the Ossa Trail. Genis' Wind Blade slows things down quite badly on both backends.

Any ideas?
Trying to play this game on Dolphin 3.0 - How can I fix the blurring?
With blurring, i guess your reffering to the ghosting issues?
Not necessarily - Symphonia's engine uses a pseudo-depth of field shader that supposedly makes scenes more interesting. I've always found it annoying and would welcome a hack to disable it.

However, the ghosting that occurs on Dolphin can be annoyin. I found that unticking "Disable per-pixel depth" seems to help a little.

On another note, does anyone have any clear save files for this game, or figured out how to use .GCI files successfully with Dolphin? Didn't have much luck with Memcard103a/b and I really don't fancy getting 4000 grade again.
(09-02-2011, 12:45 AM)SeeK Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily - Symphonia's engine uses a pseudo-depth of field shader that supposedly makes scenes more interesting. I've always found it annoying and would welcome a hack to disable it.

However, the ghosting that occurs on Dolphin can be annoyin. I found that unticking "Disable per-pixel depth" seems to help a little.

On another note, does anyone have any clear save files for this game, or figured out how to use .GCI files successfully with Dolphin? Didn't have much luck with Memcard103a/b and I really don't fancy getting 4000 grade again.

What do you mean? You got a .gci file and don't know what to do with it? Use the MC Manager open your MC and import your .gci file nothing more
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32