Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(07-22-2011, 11:58 PM)phelamax Wrote: [ -> ]those missing instruments really ruin my mood and gameplay experience while playing the game..
especially because every tales game has awesome soundtracks done by Sakuraba..

darn it..
not my luck yet then..

Bummer, same problem for me; HLE fast but bad music, and LLE slow but full music. It's almost tough to actually play it with the broken soundtrack after playing the real one.

Quote:i see..
hopefully there will be more revisions that could fix the slow performance while using LLE then..
Would such a thing be probable, sometime down the line? (Asking in general if anyone would know)
(08-01-2011, 11:00 AM)shar Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2011, 11:58 PM)phelamax Wrote: [ -> ]those missing instruments really ruin my mood and gameplay experience while playing the game..
especially because every tales game has awesome soundtracks done by Sakuraba..

darn it..
not my luck yet then..

Bummer, same problem for me; HLE fast but bad music, and LLE slow but full music. It's almost tough to actually play it with the broken soundtrack after playing the real one.

Quote:i see..
hopefully there will be more revisions that could fix the slow performance while using LLE then..
Would such a thing be probable, sometime down the line? (Asking in general if anyone would know)

I don't think so because there is no problem : LLE works with powerful system so it isn't "emulator's fault" it is "system's fault"

dododo

Began playing this the other day, been working almost perfectly except for the ghosting, some audio issues, and the rare crash.

However, now that I've hit the Gaoracchia Forest, I keep getting crashes preventing me from furthering my progress in the game. It happens when I open certain treasure chests in the forest, battle the enemy holding the memory gem, touch the memory seal, or try to continue progress past a certain point in the forest, where a cutscene begins and a crash occurs (guides say it's where I'm supposed to fight the Convict).

I'm running r7693M and haven't seen anybody else with this issue. Any ideas?
ToS needs LLE sound for the music.If you don't know something about it,than read the FAQs.
(08-09-2011, 05:16 AM)dododo Wrote: [ -> ]Began playing this the other day, been working almost perfectly except for the ghosting, some audio issues, and the rare crash.

However, now that I've hit the Gaoracchia Forest, I keep getting crashes preventing me from furthering my progress in the game. It happens when I open certain treasure chests in the forest, battle the enemy holding the memory gem, touch the memory seal, or try to continue progress past a certain point in the forest, where a cutscene begins and a crash occurs (guides say it's where I'm supposed to fight the Convict).

I'm running r7693M and haven't seen anybody else with this issue. Any ideas?

I guess the biggest problem for you is the crashes your getting, but since Manaplayer told you what fixes the broken music, i guess we can always cut down your problems as much as possible.

I have not tried 7693 so i dont know what kinda crashes your getting, but you might want to enable panic alert so that we might be able to figure out what's wrong. As for the ghosting issues your having, turn on the tales of Symphonia hack in the game settings, that will fix it.
Guys lols problem in its game - dont work button "X".
Other games - MGTS, BGDA, FFCC - norm, joistik norm work, but its game ToS dont work ):
I figured something strange out with this game.
If I right click on the game inside of the dolphin list and uncheck DSP HLE, the music and sound is fine but the game slows down in combat etc, even with my 4,3GHz Core i5.
If I reverse these settings, open the DSP menu and chose DSP LLE right there, the sound is fixed too but the game always run at full speed at DX9 1920x1080 fit window size and 4xSSAA and it is absolutly looking great on my 42" HDTV. Smile
Maybe this is helpful to some.

About the crashes. Im not far into the game, but the occasional crashes only happend in the starting village. Otherwise the game runs perfect with gameplay sessions exceeding 1h+.
I´m curious what happens after I reached the place dododo mentioned and if these crashes can be reproduced.
(08-11-2011, 08:11 AM)VooDoo7mx Wrote: [ -> ]I figured something strange out with this game.
If I right click on the game inside of the dolphin list and uncheck DSP HLE, the music and sound is fine but the game slows down in combat etc, even with my 4,3GHz Core i5.
If I reverse these settings, open the DSP menu and chose DSP LLE right there, the sound is fixed too but the game always run at full speed at DX9 1920x1080 fit window size and 4xSSAA and it is absolutly looking great on my 42" HDTV. Smile

What exactly do you mean by reversing the settings? I don't really use the game specific properties but instead change between HLE and LLE via DSP menu. I have the same CPU as you clocked at the same 4,3GHz and can't get most battles with full party to run at 100%
(08-11-2011, 08:04 PM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do you mean by reversing the settings? I don't really use the game specific properties but instead change between HLE and LLE via DSP menu. I have the same CPU as you clocked at the same 4,3GHz and can't get most battles with full party to run at 100%
I mean reversing the game specific settings back to global settings and chosing DSP LLE in the DSP menu like you described.

Hmm strange that yo can´t get full speed. All my dolphin settings are default except for the dsp change, resolution and native rendering resolution.

Basic question- what version of Dolphin would you recommend to run it?

I have had very different speed/stability with different versions (sometimes a newer version is worse in both speed and stability) so if anyone knows a 'good one' i'd be grateful.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32