Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
We should stop whining about the reason Dolphin can't play background music. Would be worse if the SFX and voices were screwed.

My advice: Save frequently, because you never know when it crashes.
If you tried twice, and crashed twice, Disable Dual Core.

Those newer builds are a lot more stable, so I recommend that you guys download a new build every week.
FYI, I'm not whining, again I'm just stating the fact and my opinion.

And that filename alone is banworthy, careful about that.
Thanks for the advice, got rid of that =)

Rahmiel

I never claimed the music was working, I claimed that the music can be turned off and you can play some A7X in the background while you get to enjoy the nearly flawless gameplay, again I state that I beat the game and am on my second play through.

As for the crashes, I noticed that crashes aren't entirely random, I found a few instances where a crash will happen if you do too many things at once. I.E. If you save the game and quickly exit the menu and leave the room or screen you are on it crashes nearly every time. The only crash I ran into that wasn't like that was the crash when Kratos rejoins your party just before disk 2. Had to fiddle around with some settings to get it to work ( which is also when I accidentally found out how to increase my FPS from 60 to 137... though now I have to limit frames lol ).

The only fix this game needs is the dang artifacts that the DX11 plugin causes on the main map and in the forest you need to go through to get to the elf village ( can't remember the name ) and in a few cut scenes. Once that is fixed there are absolutely no problems with this game that take away from the playability ( and in truth even the artifacts don't do that so thus this game is entirely 100% playable, I've seen too many people say they gave up on this game because of the music, well you're missing out. Music can be turned off, you won't find a game this good anywhere else, Tales of Symphonia all the way! ).

paza

i'm having the problems in the temple of darknes
can somebody help me how to push the block?
(09-06-2010, 06:16 PM)Rahmiel Wrote: [ -> ]I never claimed the music was working

(09-04-2010, 10:14 AM)Rahmiel Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so anyways, this game is nearly flawless, I see too many people whining about the background music being glitchy, first off it was pretty much like that on the console

uh okay, whateva you say and I'm sorry to disagree with you but there's plenty of fun games beside ToS, it's not really a be all end all games, maybe it is for GC but not for other console. Also other people have different way to enjoy their game, I always listen closely to the ingame music if possible to get more immersion, you're free to disagree with me, I don't care either way.
(09-16-2010, 02:34 AM)paza Wrote: [ -> ]i'm having the problems in the temple of darknes

Temple of Darkness, those blocks are annoying.

The dungeon itself is a three-leveled maze. You go down the stairway, and you see a cutscene between Lloyd and Collete. You climb to reach a room where you need to push or pull another block, then the first block you face goes inside, freeing the way.

paza

(09-16-2010, 04:15 AM)AHPD Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2010, 02:34 AM)paza Wrote: [ -> ]i'm having the problems in the temple of darknes

Temple of Darkness, those blocks are annoying.

The dungeon itself is a three-leveled maze. You go down the stairway, and you see a cutscene between Lloyd and Collete. You climb to reach a room where you need to push or pull another block, then the first block you face goes inside, freeing the way.

no i mean i cant move the block

Anakin

I gotta say the sound/music issue is not that bad if you select OpenAL sound instead of Dsound @ DSP settings and check the first 3 settings.
It isnt perfect but it is the closest i got with it.

Part from it i still love playing it like this, I have my 360 Controller connected to my pc so im playing wireless ^^.

Also outside the battles i can move much faster, i had the PAL GC version and i coudnt put it on 60 herz so i had to play on 50 which caused for extremly slow movement in dungeons or cities and slower paced battles. Now even though with framelimit on im moving even faster than with Lloyds personal on on 60 Herz (i can confirm i played the NTCS version @ a friend), while i havent got Lloyds personal enabled atm.

Love it ^^

I also noticed that when you watch a skit the bg music seems to be perfect for the time during of the skit, although i cannot totaly confirm this yet.
So part of the music/sound sometimes evreything else works just perfect ^^ i would grab my GC version but i just love the WAY sharper graphics and faster paced gameplay.
What build is recommended for this game?

Ok, Dolphin 2.0 keeps dropping to 25 FPS in what seems arbitrarily (It's PAL, so half-speed,) and calling it 100% speed. Latest SVN doesn't do this. Sucks, 'cause I got a Quad Core, and I am not sure the emulator is even using two cores (I have dual-core enabled.) When the emulator starts it says I have 16?

Why does everyone use the DX11 plugin? OpenGL works better for me. But I've got an NVidia card.

Anyway, this game is blurry too! Distant stuff mostly. Not as blurry as those screenshots posted on the first page though! Tried messing with all the graphics settings, including upping the resolution (worked for Wind Waker), EFB, nothing helps. The Zelda TP Bloom hack or that other one fixes it, but breaks other graphics. Any ideas? Otherwise thus far (not far) it appears pretty flawless, except it crashed randomly.. Going to try again and not MAKE any save states at all.

UPDATE: No save states (including making them) has == no crashes. The blurriness and ghosting is awful at some (rare) points and non-existent in others. Overall it hasn't added up to that big a deal in a few hours, it seemed like it would be much worse looking at two screens or so as I tried to tweak the graphics settings to no avail. Only thing that works is the projection hacks, but that breaks other important stuff, like battle text. Otherwise it's flawless so far.

The build someone told me to use for Wind Waker, 6331, for some reason it CRAWLS on my machine, even tried two builds of it...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32