Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [PATCH] UDPWii: Use iPhone as WiiMote [NEW: Nunchuck and IR support]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(04-01-2010, 11:35 PM)da_petcu21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2010, 10:10 PM)KiasuKiasiMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2010, 10:00 AM)DragonSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]i got the app on my ipod what do i do from there

Same here. Well, i guess we'll have to wait for them to integrate it into the SVN.

Well, actually, I posted a link with the compiled wiimote plugin. Read the first post. There are INSTRUCTIONS.

BTW: If you are on OSX or linux there's also the diff posted. Use patch on the svn folder then compile it. I used unix socks so it _should_ be portable.

Yeah but I don't really get the instructions.

The part about the .dll to replace.

There is only a UDPWii_V2.diff and no .dll What are we supposed to do with it? I don't really mod my Dolphin with patches much apart from the standard SVN.
(04-02-2010, 12:48 AM)KiasuKiasiMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2010, 10:00 AM)DragonSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]i got the app on my ipod what do i do from there

Same here. Well, i guess we'll have to wait for them to integrate it into the SVN.

Well, actually, I posted a link with the compiled wiimote plugin. Read the first post. There are INSTRUCTIONS.

BTW: If you are on OSX or linux there's also the diff posted. Use patch on the svn folder then compile it. I used unix socks so it _should_ be portable.

There is only a UDPWii_V2.diff and no .dll What are we supposed to do with it? I don't really mod my Dolphin with patches much apart from the standard SVN.

There is a dll. At the bottom of the post there is a link to it:
http://www.2shared.com/file/12328511/5bf...imote.html
It was too big to post it as a attachment.

EDIT: I put the download link in a more visible place on the main post.
(04-02-2010, 04:20 AM)da_petcu21 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks. I misunderstood i thought that file was for the X64 Binary one only.

EDIT: Wait is it for both 32bit and 64bit or only for 64bit? I guess 64-bit only since my Dolphin r5263 doesn't recognize the plugin.

It would be easier for future users if it was integrated into the SVN though since ector has already given you access. Thanks for creating this plug-in though Big Grin

(04-01-2010, 12:35 AM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]Cool.

As usual just PM me the name of your gmail/google account for SVN access.
(04-02-2010, 03:02 PM)KiasuKiasiMan Wrote: [ -> ]

EDIT: Wait is it for both 32bit and 64bit or only for 64bit? I guess 64-bit only since my Dolphin r5263 doesn't recognize the plugin.

It would be easier for future users if it was integrated into the SVN though since ector has already given you access. Thanks for creating this plug-in though Big Grin

It's for 64-bit only. I'll compile a 32-bit version too, but I have to reboot in Windows, and I don't have time right now.
I'd like to commit it to the SVN, but I PM-d ector my gmail account and I got no reply from him. Mabe he's busy. I'll wait. Anyway IR and nunchuck support is on the way so it makes no sense to commit this version.

(04-02-2010, 07:50 PM)da_petcu21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2010, 03:02 PM)KiasuKiasiMan Wrote: [ -> ]

It's for 64-bit only. I'll compile a 32-bit version too, but I have to reboot in Windows, and I don't have time right now.
I'd like to commit it to the SVN, but I PM-d ector my gmail account and I got no reply from him. Mabe he's busy. I'll wait. Anyway IR and nunchuck support is on the way so it makes no sense to commit this version.

Ok thanks alot for the update. Good work on the idea and implementation Smile
I did everything from the top the the bottom and I just can't make my ipod-remote to work with this plugin.

1-patched svn and compiled without errors
2-Installed iController on my ipod 1G and its running
3-tested connection. can ping both from ipod to pc and from pc to ipod, so I'm connected
4-also enabled UDPWii in the .ini file from False to True

5-And now what? What am I suposed to do? 'Cos I tried to select Real wimote from the dropbox in plugin configuration and clicked in pair up while holding both 1 and 2 buttons on the touch screen. Clicked on refresh after this and the "Real Wiimote" never paired. Sad

Can you be more specific, with pictures if possible on how to put this thing to work? I really liked the idea and wanna try it. Thanks in advance and great job doing the plugin. o/
(04-05-2010, 06:14 AM)rodiabloalmeida Wrote: [ -> ]I did everything from the top the the bottom and I just can't make my ipod-remote to work with this plugin.

1-patched svn and compiled without errors
2-Installed iController on my ipod 1G and its running
3-tested connection. can ping both from ipod to pc and from pc to ipod, so I'm connected
4-also enabled UDPWii in the .ini file from False to True

5-And now what? What am I suposed to do? 'Cos I tried to select Real wimote from the dropbox in plugin configuration and clicked in pair up while holding both 1 and 2 buttons on the touch screen. Clicked on refresh after this and the "Real Wiimote" never paired. Sad

Can you be more specific, with pictures if possible on how to put this thing to work? I really liked the idea and wanna try it. Thanks in advance and great job doing the plugin. o/

You must select emulated remote in settings. Also if you are using this as a second remote you must click Connect Wiimote 1/2/3/4 in the Tools menu, i think (in the menubar on the main dolphin window)

EDIT: OK. I'll post some pictures, but making the UI comes first (actually the only thing left now). Compass-IR is working but is kinda crappy. Nunchuck is working. Touchpad-IR is working. Improved client UI. When I'm finished (prolly tomorrow morning GMT+2) i'll post v3.
Thanks for the fast reply, da_petcu21! Gonna try it right now. Glad to hear v3 is on the way. I've been waiting for some integration between ipod/iphone and dolphin for quite some time hehe. Again, great job. o/

EDIT: Man, this is awesome! It works perfetly. I knew my old 1G could be useful for something like this someday. Thanks for the plugin again! Hope ector reply your PM soon so you can commit to the svn. keep it up.^^

EDIT2: Sonic and The Secret Rings really likes my ipod-remote /o/
Maybe Super Monkey Ball is another game people should try with this. I don't have the game for the wii, but the game cube version is pretty fun.
I just released v3. It has IR pointer and nunchuck support. Also if you have a 3GS you can use it's compass to move the pointer. Check out the main post.

palxex

thxSmile I'll test it after go home. Just a question, iController v2 told me that it detected a built-in compass, but my device is a ipod touch 2. Is it really?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23