Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Where do those crashes come from?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Heya guys,

I've noticed quite a few games crashing randomly, mostly making Dolphin close completely. I think these crashes have increased at some time not long before Dolphin 3.0 release. But since I haven't been testing much lately, I cannot really tell. Either way, I do think, even though there have always been random crashes with Dolphin, these ones are rather new; I haven't had so many before.
So I'm wondering where those crashes might come from. Is the FIFO still bugged or is it something else?
Same thing here. I wanted to play Paper Mario 2.

Crashes randomly!
same here. dont have much experience with dolphin only wanted to play zelda tp and windwaker. got the same probs with both games. didnt change any config in dolphin.
q6600 2.4ghz
4gb ram
gtx260

pls help
Yeh, there's what I'm talking about. I played through both games with Dolphin (some time ago) and I had only extremely few crashes with Wind Waker (not absolutely random, but in a few certain spots), I think none whatsoever in TP. So these kinds of random crashes gotta be rather new.
From what I have played in the new 3.0 release I haven't experienced a single crash in any of the games you guys mention.
Anything that can be done to replicate this? Certain area or spot in the game? Or does it just happen?
most of the time when dolphin has to load new terrain like going in a house or something. but i think it also happens just like that during the game. and i got it in tp in a certain spot (a stone i have to howl to) what version worked for u? is it still available? i opened another thread few days ago http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid159154
(07-01-2011, 11:08 PM)barent Wrote: [ -> ]most of the time when dolphin has to load new terrain like going in a house or something. but i think it also happens just like that during the game. and i got it in tp in a certain spot (a stone i have to howl to) what version worked for u? is it still available? i opened another thread few days ago http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid159154

Hmm I see.
Seems I'm not able to replicate these crashes nor the howling part crash, not once have TP/Dolphin crashed during the howling part.
The howling stone crash is an older one, at least I've heard about it.
No, I'm talking about random crashes, not in transitions when something gets loaded or something...I've had them e.g. in Wii Play Motion (only in the menus, though), ExerBeat, Kirby's Epic Yarn, RE: The Darkside Chronicles, etc.
OK I don't know if this info will help anyone but I have spent some serious last couple of hours just playing Dolphin and the games I have:

Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - Works fine and no crash, played around in a few areas

Star Wars: Jedi Outcast - Works fine and no crash, played a few levels

Luigi's Mansion - Works fine and no crash, played around in the mansion

Mario Kart: Double Dash - Works fine and no crash, played a few races

Metroid Prime - Works fine and no crash, played around in a few areas

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Works fine and no crash, played around in a few areas

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Works fine and no crash, played a few levels on each world

Paper Mario - Works fine and no crash, KICKED Rawk Hawks ASS yet again

Resident Evil - Works fine and no crash, Chris likes his rocket launcher

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Works fine and no crash, played a few melee matches

Super Mario Sunshine - Works fine and no crash, got some serious tan this morning

Super Paper Mario - Works fine and no crash, played some random levels

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Works fine and no crash, played some Home run contest

Zelda: The Wind Waker - Works fine and no crash, in and out from houses, sailed around the sea to various islands

Zelda: Twilight Princess - Works fine and no crash, played some random stuff

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - Works fine and no crash, played some random levels

Wario World - Works fine and no crash, this game works beautifully in 3.0 again

I have played each of the games long enough to be satisfied with the result.
I just can't get Dolphin to crash.
That's interesting, indeed.
What CPU and GFX card do you have?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15