Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Where do those crashes come from?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(07-02-2011, 06:01 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]That's interesting, indeed.
What CPU and GFX card do you have?

Indeed, Dolphin have only crashed a very few few times for me in the past but that's happened because of some testing of bad options and configuration that led to it.
3.0 seems very trustworthy and stable for me, good speeds to.

Well here's the essentials:

Windows 7 Pro. SP1 x64
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.4GHz
ATi Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3

I have played some more today and it's just like turning on the Wii or the GameCube, play and shut-down.
Not even a tendency to a crash.

Hmm, I also have an Intel...maybe it's an nvidia issue?

MM05

@StripTheSoul
I don't think nvidia is the problem i have an ati and i got very often crashes.

@Gabriel Belmont
Could you pls upload youre dolphin version. The crash cause could be a wrong configuration.
Hmm I honestly don't got a clue what's causing this, but I don't think it's either ATi or NVIDIA.
Before this setup I used to play Dolphin a little on my other rig that has this setup:

Windows 7 Pro. SP1 x64
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.3GHz
NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3

NVIDIA did the job alright just as much as ATi does.
I use it for PC games today.

Well what I also can add is that I always play with "safe" options like EFB to RAM, LLE instead of HLE etc. which could have some effects on the probability of Dolphin crashing. Performance takes a hit but the strong hardware makes up for it.

MM05 I downloaded my version of Dolphin from here:
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/downloads/list

I usually stick with official releases and builders (no offense I hope)
And I usually delete unnecessary GameConfig inis for games I don't own and while I'm at it I delete every single Action Replay code in them making Dolphin more customized and tailor made for me.
I see the same thing as Gabe here with the Dolphin 3.0 release and haven't had a single crash yet myself with the 24 games I own.
One should never say never but for now I feel confident that Dolphin is stable and crash free.
That's really strange...there were times when I tested with Dolphin a lot and didn't have nearlly as many crashes as I do now that I test it only sporadically.
My system is pretty clean and running smoothly and since I'm not the only one having crashes I guess there's some hardware incompatibility or something...
(07-04-2011, 12:05 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]That's really strange...there were times when I tested with Dolphin a lot and didn't have nearlly as many crashes as I do now that I test it only sporadically.
My system is pretty clean and running smoothly and since I'm not the only one having crashes I guess there's some hardware incompatibility or something...

Yeah probably.

Maybe this is something to investigate deeper, but it would probably be to big and time consuming.
I'm curious of everyone being here using Dolphin regularly, how many doesn't it crash for and how many does it crash for, and what kind of hardware/setup are they using.
Settings and configurations could play a vital part.
(07-03-2011, 03:53 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.4GHz

Just wondering...but what is the point in having a "k" processor if you are not going to OC it?

(07-03-2011, 02:56 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]I usually stick with official releases and builders (no offense I hope)

offense taken...jk Tongue
(07-04-2011, 12:46 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering...but what is the point in having a "k" processor if you are not going to OC it?

Well at the time the price difference between the regular 2600 and the 2600K wasn't big so I saw no point in buying the slightly cheaper one.

Even if I never OC that much I'm never gonna be cheap again, and besides what if I would change my mind and decided to OC after all, then I would be a jack ass.
Better safe then sorry Big Grin

You know I have had my own playability issues with 3.0, actually most revisions after 7607 have been unplayable to me I have great sessions on that revision 6+ hours no crash, freeze, slowdowns, etc., now with 3.0 I have frequent crashes many new errors that i have not had to deal with before serious slow downs in some games and inaccurate renderings in others. While a few are broken. My system is basic, my setup even more. I do run 2X native res., cheats enabled. I am at work so I can't post my settings now. Additionally i use Dolphin strictly for Gamecube games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15