Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [PATCH] Xenoblade: HLE audio hack fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(09-01-2011, 11:22 AM)AGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Looks like anthonyli7 asked a similar question right above me, too. Tongue

I've probably tried about eight different builds just to see how they all perform, and with the exception of Mylek's v3.1, they all seem to run the same. I'd love to get Mylek's v3.1 running well, though.

Despite the different builds, what are your takes on the Audio Throttle, Framelimit, Idle Skipping, and Lock Threads to Cores settings for r7719m or Mylek's v3? In the general game thread and in the Dolphin wiki I see so many different opinions on those four, but I figure it's better to ask the people who actually compile the various builds.

I believe Mylek suggested leaving Audio Throttle enabled and Framelimit off, correct? The wiki entry is the only place I've seen it suggest enabling Lock Threads to Cores.

Edit 2: I was testing the FPS with and without Idle Skipping, and leaving it off caused me to lose a few frames. I guess I'll leave that option on. Direct3D11 also caused me to lose a few frames, too.

idle skipping makes absolutely no difference for me. My issue is that while using LLE i can't maintain a constant 30fps, it periodically drops to 29 every few seconds, resulting in 98% performance. Cant be my CPU or graphics card, so there has to be some option in the emulator. Unless of course this is just the way it is, waiting to hear back from FilthyMonkey on his results Tongue
My modifications only benefit HLE. The 44.1 hack makes LLE audio sound lower pitched and basically play slower so shouldn't be used with LLE. They are intended to be used with HLE/XAudio2/48k settings.

I don't recall Xenoblade ever freezing for me but I've only played the Japanese version. Is the freeze easily reproducible, and does it only happen with HLE and never with LLE audio?

If the game still has issues I could make a patch that runs HLE on the CPU thread which is the most stable way to do it. The downside is it would have extra latency and audio would drop out if you can't emulate the game at full speed.
(09-01-2011, 01:16 PM)Mylek Wrote: [ -> ]My modifications only benefit HLE. The 44.1 hack makes LLE audio sound lower pitched and basically play slower so shouldn't be used with LLE. They are intended to be used with HLE/XAudio2/48k settings.

I don't recall Xenoblade ever freezing for me but I've only played the Japanese version. Is the freeze easily reproducible, and does it only happen with HLE and never with LLE audio?

If the game still has issues I could make a patch that runs HLE on the CPU thread which is the most stable way to do it. The downside is it would have extra latency and audio would drop out if you can't emulate the game at full speed.

So far my issues with HLE on your builds has been:

1: weird menu sounds (saving loading, selling stuff)
2: absolute freeze and crash when a fortress unit used flame thrower on me at sword valley (almost every time). Stutters with LLE but no outright freeze.

Other then that it was great. I dont have any problem running the game at 100% but my setting are all over the place. Could you give me a run down on what settings you used on the Japanese version that yielded no freezing?

edit: still getting audio issue while in cutscenes aswell... skips around sometimes.

Im sure all this is due to settings... but i don't know enough about it.

marcnivar

my fps keep changing a lot, sad
(09-01-2011, 02:08 PM)anthonyli7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2011, 01:16 PM)Mylek Wrote: [ -> ]My modifications only benefit HLE. The 44.1 hack makes LLE audio sound lower pitched and basically play slower so shouldn't be used with LLE. They are intended to be used with HLE/XAudio2/48k settings.

So far my issues with HLE on your builds has been:

1: weird menu sounds (saving loading, selling stuff)
2: absolute freeze and crash when a fortress unit used flame thrower on me at sword valley (almost every time). Stutters with LLE but no outright freeze.

Other then that it was great. I dont have any problem running the game at 100% but my setting are all over the place. Could you give me a run down on what settings you used on the Japanese version that yielded no freezing?

edit: still getting audio issue while in cutscenes aswell... skips around sometimes.

Im sure all this is due to settings... but i don't know enough about it.

Are you using accurate vbeam emulation with HLE? If so thats what causes saves, selling and picking up items sounds to be slow.

is anyone kind enough to apply the v2 HLE patch from mylek:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=14356

to this dolphin build:
Dolphin-3.0-[r7617]_x64_ICC_L102

that would be very nice!

llyane

Hello,
Thanks for all, it's a good work !
if you have a little time for me, Fix my build plzzzz
Dolphin 3.0 x64
Thanks again.

xenoblade41

How do you apply the patch??
The patch cause massive slowdown on my game. I went from 95-100% roam / 85-90% battle to about 85% roam / 60-70% battle. I compared the setting side by side to make sure they are exactly the same. Slowdown still occurs. Did this patch do something to really slow down the game? I'm using 3.0.
Thanks for the effort. Audio seems fine with the latest version. I get some battle crackling but I don't mind it too much.

Can we please get a list of recommended settings for the latest version, 3.1? I only know of using enabling idle skipping in game properties..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41