Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [PATCH] Xenoblade: HLE audio hack fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(10-27-2012, 01:44 AM)GrimTonic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2012, 08:04 PM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2012, 12:19 PM)GrimTonic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2012, 07:45 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]People dont forget that disabling idle skipping and enabling vbeam should fix the sound issues on any revision,without this patch.
It would be good if someone is willing to confirm by testing Smile
Sound crackles quite often, FPS was a bit lower than with HLE (even when running LLE on thread) and sound in the first cut scene was ahead of the video.

You didnt test with LLE sound by any chance did you ?
I meant to test this with HLE sound,it fixes it,atleast on my pc.

Only tested with LLE. Will try that today.

Ok do let us know the result Smile

GrimTonic

(10-27-2012, 03:21 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2012, 01:44 AM)GrimTonic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2012, 08:04 PM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2012, 12:19 PM)GrimTonic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2012, 07:45 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]People dont forget that disabling idle skipping and enabling vbeam should fix the sound issues on any revision,without this patch.
Sound crackles quite often, FPS was a bit lower than with HLE (even when running LLE on thread) and sound in the first cut scene was ahead of the video.

You didnt test with LLE sound by any chance did you ?
I meant to test this with HLE sound,it fixes it,atleast on my pc.

Only tested with LLE. Will try that today.

Ok do let us know the result Smile

So it seems that the audio works even better using the method rpglord posted. FPS was a bit lower, though.

I haven't tried disabling idle skipping while using the patch and there are countless other combinations you could try out as well.

Few comparisons from multiple runs below.

Tested on: Win 7 x64, AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3.7Ghz. Wii native resolution x2.

Without patch ->
DSP mode: HLE
VBeam: ON
Idle skipping: OFF
Dolphin 3.0-793

With patch ->
DSP mode: HLE
VBeam: OFF
Idle skipping: ON
Dolphin 3.0-793 modified with Mylek's xenoblade audio patch.

Minimum FPS during the first 15 minutes of the game (including cutscenes):
without patch: 13
with patch: 18

Minimum FPS during the first player controlled fight in the game:
without patch: 19
with patch: 22

Most of the time FPS was at 30, which, as far as I know, is the cap if your game is FPS patched.

Both are still very much playable, depending on your hardware ofcourse.
My CPU is far from high end and the START of the game still runs well enough to play with both settings. This does not mean that the whole game will be as smooth.

To disable VBeam and idle skipping:
Right click xenoblade from dolphin's game list -> properties -> GameConfig tab -> check "Accurate VBeam emulation" and uncheck "Enable Idle Skipping"

Now back to playing more of the game so I can actually get further than the first town. The opening cutscenes and tutorials are starting to get boring after the 20th time.

Thanks for the tip rpglord, much appreciated.
No problem,you can also try just enabling vbeam and not disabling idle skipping. IF your fps does not fluctuate a lot,this should also work in fixing the sound
I've modiffied this patch a little bit

Patch itself helps me in Metroid 3, makes sound loop correctly, and fixes cracking noises sometime

fixed cracking sounds in ZSS causing by original patch

fixed conflict with original Patch introduced by r7474, which made RE:Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles old bug with dma *subtittles* stopping to show up again

I hope it'll help, and i didn't broke anything
Your patch file doesn't seem to work in Git as it is giving me format errors. Can you try this again and see if you can get it working?

Edit: Scratch that, I'm building it now. I'll check to see if this works out as you said~
I'm not good in making patches in Git format, SVN ones are more understandable to me, try to change code by yourself
People dont forget that disabling idle skipping and enabling vbeam should fix the sound issues on any revision,without this patch.

This tweak dont work for me, the sound is not more crackling, but disoriented
(11-13-2012, 05:22 AM)Trevlec Wrote: [ -> ]People dont forget that disabling idle skipping and enabling vbeam should fix the sound issues on any revision,without this patch.

Did you try with HLE ?
And it seems you experienced some kind of change ? Its not crackling anymore, but disoriented ? Can you explain more what do you mean ?
And what is your pc specs ?
(11-13-2012, 10:51 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2012, 05:22 AM)Trevlec Wrote: [ -> ]People dont forget that disabling idle skipping and enabling vbeam should fix the sound issues on any revision,without this patch.

Did you try with HLE ?
And it seems you experienced some kind of change ? Its not crackling anymore, but disoriented ? Can you explain more what do you mean ?
And what is your pc specs ?
Yes i try with HLE, i hear the sound and music with my handset and the music is normal but a moment later i hear the music more left than right, this is what i mean with disoriented.

I have now try with LLE, but i have to heavy frame dops with LLE and i have a i5 2500k@4,5ghz Sad, when i use framelimit 30 and limit by fps i have great fps, but the sound is one stop crackling with LLE oO. But i can use framelimit audio and limit by fps and the sound works great but i have the heavy fps drops

sry for my english
(11-13-2012, 04:11 PM)Trevlec Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i try with HLE, i hear the sound and music with my handset and the music is normal but a moment later i hear the music more left than right, this is what i mean with disoriented.

I have now try with LLE, but i have to heavy frame dops with LLE and i have a i5 2500k@4,5ghz Sad, when i use framelimit 30 and limit by fps i have great fps, but the sound is one stop crackling with LLE oO. But i can use framelimit audio and limit by fps and the sound works great but i have the heavy fps drops

sry for my english

So you are saying disabling idle skipping and enabing vbeam fixed the sound issues for you, but now you dont hear sound properly on all speakers ?
Its issue with your speakers / handset and audio drivers probably..

If you are using LLE, then use default settings ( enable idle skipping ) and also enable "lle on thread".
You i5 2500k should handle LLE in this game without any problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41