Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [PATCH] Xenoblade: HLE audio hack fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(04-16-2012, 09:39 AM)kess Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use the 30 fps patch or no?
And what did you do to fix sound, you didn't mention that

No, the 30fps patch increases the load. Pretty obvious if your PC has to render 30 frames instead of 25 for full speed.
And the build i posted already has the audio fix applied. It just sometimes crackles, but goes right back to normal afterwards. As long as you are getting full or near-full speeds, the audio won't be a problem.
Krude I did everything you said and I'm getting like 15FPS and glitchy sound still Sad
Here are my specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Quad-Core A8-3550MX Accelerated Processor (2.7GHz/2.0GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics™ [HDMI, VGA]
6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Is my computer not good enough? :|
I did some more tweaks that I read from another topic, "I would strongly advise that you uncheck cache display lists, disable Destination alpha pass, and disable fog. Also with a GTS 450 you should be able to use a 3x or 4x internal resolution without any slowdown, and I would recommend playing the game in fullscreen mode with fullscreen resolution set to your monitors native resolution, vsync turned on, and hide mouse cursor turned on. I would also advise that you set your audio backend to xaudio2 if you are using windows vista or 7, and change your cpu emulator engine to JIT recompiler."

And it helps but the audio still stutters frequently and my FPS is less than desirable. What else can I do? Sad
Sad I just want to play but this is so frustrating
Did this topic just die on me? Sad
Your system should run it at full speed, even with the 30 FPS patch. My system do it and yours is not so much different in power. I'm using the 30 FPS patch. I almost always have 30-31 FPS, no audio problems (only with the audio fix, normal builds + svn are bad in audio), just in some rare cases with many enemies etc., it can drop to max. ~20 FPS, but not less.

I'm using the 3.0-496 build with audio fix. My config is like that:

1.) Config
General
Enable Dual Core: on
Enable Idle Skipping: on
Framlimit: Audio
CPU Emulator Engine: JIT Recompiler
Remaining "General": off

Audio
DSP Emulator Engine: DSP HLE emulation
Volume : 100%
Enable DTK Music: on
Audio Backend: DSound
Sample Rate: 48 KHz
Remaining "Audio": off

Wii
Use EuRGB60 Mode: on
Aspect Ratio: 4/3
Remaining "Wii": off

2.) Graphics
General
Backend: Direct3D
Fullscreen Resolution: same as desktop (1600x1200)
Aspect Ratio: Auto (4/3 for me)
V-Sync: off
Use Fullscreen: on
Remaining "General": off

Enhancements
Internal Resolution: Auto (looks like 4x Native, no difference at all)
Anti-Aliasing: 4x SSAA
Anisotropic Filtering: 8x
Scaled EFB Copy: on
Force Texture Filtering: on
Per-Pixel Lightning: off
3D Vision: off

Hacks
Skip EFB Access from CPU: off
Ignore Format Changes: on
EFB Copies: Texture! (if you use "Ram" you will loose many FPS)
Texture Cache: Safe (can't see any difference with "Fast" anyway, equal what I use I get full FPS)
External Frame Buffer: Disable
Fast Mipmaps: on
Disable Per-Pixel Depth: on
OpenMP Texture Decoder: on
Remaining "Hacks/Other": off

Advanced
Dump Textures: on (for me, because I'm trying to dump all existing textures, eg. with "EFB Copies: Ram" it would generate thousands of duplicated textures)
Remaining "Advanced": off

Try those configurations, maybe you're lucky. Wink
So I got my FPS to work properly finally

But the audio still stutters and crackles and I have no idea how to fix it. The build I'm using is supposedly FOR Xenoblade USA version with the HLE 3.1 hack.
Use "3.0-496" (found in this very thread here) and no other... no special somewhat for NTSC or whatever. Just use this version, should work without any problem. Oh and use DSP HLE emulation for sure, any other audio config should stutter and crackle (as far as I read). I'm playing ~30 hours now, with only less than minor sound "problems". For example, sometimes it crackle for a millisecond, but will be good again a millisecond after. Not worth to mention.

And good would be if you can tell what you have changed to get your FPS working. So that no one else need to ask the same question again. I think you just used "EFB Copies: Ram" and lost many FPS. Always use "Texture" here with Xenoblade to get Full FPS.
(04-24-2012, 12:49 AM)messiahgov Wrote: [ -> ]... with only less than minor sound "problems". For example, sometimes it crackle for a millisecond, but will be good again a millisecond after. Not worth to mention.

This is normal with HLE. If you want perfect sound with no crackling etc., use LLE Wink

Okay, but it's not even worth to mention at all. ^^ If there are 10 enemies + camera movement + voice + music etc. it sometimes (maybe 1 of 20 times) crackle one single time and I'm not even sure if it's my ear or the emulator. In real it's no problem for me. I use "HLE" because it's the "HLE audio hack fix". ^^ I'm very happy with Dolphin, for me it leaves nothing to be desired. Big Grin I can use my controller on Wii (+ learned here, can define a function to more than one button), can use deluxe graphics, full speed, perfect sound+music and so on. A great piece of software, really! I can't imagine how much work it was, had to be hell on earth to program Dolphin.

Maybe I try LLE, now that you said that, hehe. BTW, this forum needs a "thanks" button. =)
EDIT: With LLE it is crackling constantly for me. Would I need to check any other option together with LLE? And the music is playing a bit slower than with HLE (on 30 FPS). A total new music experience. ^^

EDIT2 - for cheats:
What I forgot to say with this "3.0-496 audio fix build". Gecko Codes doesn't work (at least for Xenoblade). But it will work with latest SVN Build, as far as I can say. I made me some more Gold (edited the "If Money change, MAX" code, didn't want maximum, just a bit more) played and got those audio problems with a svn build, changed to the 3.0-496 audio fixed version and later tried to get more gold again, but it didn't worked. I tried almost any "trick" I could imagine and gave up. Until I came to the idea, that I used another build to get the gold. So I saved my game, copied the savegames to another build with audio problems, cheated some Gold and changed back to the audio fixed version. Just if anybody else get to this phenomena. ^^

The strange thing is, that another code I tried (just to see if any code is working) with those "All Gems are Max" or something, and that one worked strangely, just the three Gold cheats (If Money Change, MAX + If Money Change Max [more hex codes than the first] + Max Cash v2) didn't work with the audio fix build I use. I don't know how it's with all the other codes, but gold is 100% not working on my side with "3.0-496" audio hack fix.

And sorry for my bad English, I'm German.
Honestly you don't need to apologise for your fluent English. It makes more sense than a lot of native speakers do sometimes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41