Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [PATCH] Xenoblade: HLE audio hack fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

carfo

did not work for me, i'm on 64 bit. completely deleted old dolphin file, did the settings you suggested, and the very first intro scene after hitting new game plays static noise. i tried many different revisions from that site

billfan35

Any chance of a Mac version Patch?
Can you upload the last version of dolphin with the patch plz ?

( I Use Dolphin-r7676_L102_x64_ICC for now )

Ceravic

I'm still having the same problem.

AMonkey

(02-07-2011, 06:07 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2176

Just follow the links in the first post to download the latest build with this patch applied.

Using the latest build doesn't fix the sound problem. I've trying disabling audio throttling and the 2 different audio backends and it makes no differnce. The crackling happens only in cutscenes, not gameplay or mini cutscenes.
I think you are confused as to which issue the patch fixed. Crackling in cutscenes is likely not something this patch fixed.
Ok... i'm going to have to ask some noob questions here...

1: can anyone tell me why i cant download the patch? I am obviously signed in because i typed this message...but when i click on the file it redirects me to the log in screen and i get caught in an infinite loop...

2: assuming someone can help me with number 1.. can someone please walk me through how i would apply this patch? i'm new to all this.

3: can i use this patch in all revisions? e.g. i am using r7718M, downloaded from the official dolphin site.

or... if the original poster could just apply the patch to that version for me that would be awesome Tongue thanks guys.

Edit: Ok cool i was able to download it... Chrome just didnt want me to for some reason... now i just need a hand applying it.
Unfortunately the patch only works with that revision. If you want to try applying it yourself, then learn this http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/Windows_Build. Once you have that down, then come back and we'll give you more help.
I've been experimenting with this recently and made a much more elaborate hack that should also fix the stuttering in cutscenes. This should be used with XAudio2 @48k.

Edit: The two following links are a fully working versions with the patch already applied. It is not necessary to download the patch to use the modified version.
7719m xenoblade v3 x64.7z at Google Docs
7719m xenoblade v3 Win32.7z at Google Docs

[attachment=6566]
Note that some of the code in the patch isn't directly related to fixing the stuttering but I had it sitting around and it shouldn't hurt.

I also added a quick and dirty hack to run the backend at 44.1k. This should make 44.1k/22.05k games (like xenoblade) sound slightly better, and 48k/24k games sound slightly worse. When you set it to HLE @48k it's actually 44.1. LLE and 32k audio will have issues due to this hack.
(undo by reverting Systemtimers.cpp, Mixer.h)
Hmm i actually think my issue might be different to what others are getting. I dont g et crackling audio throughout cutscenes when i use the patched version, but i can still hear a little crackle when you bring up the menu and scroll left to right. You hear the normal sound and a little crackle there... small but really annoying....
The same sound can also be heard when you pick up an item that is for a future quest and Shulk gets a vision. Again, not sure if this is the same thing as everyone else...

I should add that LLE doesn't have the above issue but even though i have a 2600k overclocked at 5ghz i still cant keep a solid 30fps ( i have the NTSC patch). It drops down to 29 every 10 seconds and makes the game lag a bit... its weird..

If i could just get rid of that small problem in HLE it would be perfect... xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41