Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin screenshots thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
...And I thought my screenshots were good... *sniff*

*Sits down in nearest corner and starts crying*
Zee530 Wrote:Oh, lookie here, another page that takes 15 minutes to open

It was worth it though. My god.
(02-26-2013, 05:11 AM)MattieuLink Wrote: [ -> ]where can I download the texture packs for wind waker?
It's mentioned in his spoiler. Here you go.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Spoiler:
Gah. It looks like some bad HDR filter was applied to it. Some colors are way too dark.
Thank you for the compliment. I don't see any color that is way too dark. They're a notch darker compared to vanilla at best.
Check out the screenshot comparison where you can compare both vanilla and the picture I uploaded above.

Regardless, I was just experimenting, so you'll probably see much different stuff later.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (9 screenshots)
Spoiler:
You call that a notch darker? That contrast is through the roof on that screenshot comparison. It also looks like it's been sharpened but I don't mind that so much as the contrast. I know you're experimenting. That's why I pointed it out. So that you can adjust your SweetFX settings accordingly. In my opinion with a game as fine tuned (graphically speaking) as this it's best to leave it alone. Or at least stick to settings that don't change the delicate hue/color/saturation/brightness/contrast balance. It's hard to tweak it without making it look worse.
Quote:You call that a notch darker? That contrast is through the roof on that screenshot comparison.
Perhaps you should recalibrate your monitor or something. I really don't see a ridiculous amount of contrast.

Quote:It also looks like it's been sharpened but I don't mind that so much as the contrast.
Yeah. It's sharpened. If I remember correctly, it was at its default settings back then. Adding subtle sharpening brings out some nice details.

Quote: In my opinion with a game as fine tuned (graphically speaking) as this it's best to leave it alone. Or at least stick to settings that don't change the delicate hue/color/saturation/brightness/contrast balance.
The game looks fine as is, but there's room for tweaking the game to your personal preferences and that's what I'm trying to do.
It's not like I did something over the top to any of my screenshots, such as taking up the contrast to insane levels, or adding crazy amount of saturation or sharpening, etc.

What do you think of the previous shot?
Yeah, they look good to me. If they seem overly dark, i'd blame your monitor too. The boat has some really bad banding though Sad
I've tried 4 different monitors now. It's not the monitor. The dark colors are really dark in the sweetFX shots.
Yo, NV is totally right. Those first screenshots indeed have a darkish tone compared to the original game.

(So NV, will you tell me how HDR works, yet? :p)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31