Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin screenshots thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(01-23-2014, 05:36 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Pic doesnt load for me. Can you re-up?

It should be loading now. Not sure what happened, so I went to edit the post and resubmitted it without changing a thing. It appears to be working now after the resubmit. *shrug*

Ciaran10 0 10

I've got some new Wind Waker screens to share!

These screenshots have all kinds of eye candy, such as a high resolution texture pack, 6xIR, 2560x1440 resolution, 2xAA, and all kinds of other stuff that's only possible because of Dolphin.

I also have a video showcasing how the game looks and plays in realtime. I can achieve 200%+ speed in fullscreen mode with these settings, and recording incurs no performance penalty thanks to QuickSync. The only downside is YouTube's compression.
Just saw this and had to try it out. If I'm using the DX11 Plugin there is no issue, but with OpenGL the performance is pretty low.
Wait, there's a high-resolution texture pack that exists for wind waker? I feel like I only gazed over the first page of the google search, and downloaded the first UI improvement that I saw.

Oh, and have an image of mine. It's just Prince Komali with the pearl, and it's sort of old (I'm way farther through the game now, and my graphics settings are even heavier), plus, it wasn't intended for this thread. But, unfortunately, I missed a part of the game that would've been amazing for screenshots, so it's the best that I have. EDIT: I'd also have a screenshot of Twilight Princess, but I don't have my save anymore from halfway through the game, and I don't wish to deal with the woods again.

http://i.minus.com/jbcnvTWKHgPSEV.png
I've continued to play around with Wind Waker in particular some more. I'm able to push 3840x3168 internal resolution, high resolution textures, and 8xAA, all while still maintaining 150%+ speed. That means there's still plenty of headroom to do other crazy stuff to this game!

I have also been using the free look camera feature a bit more. I'd like to utilise it more heavily, although it's kind of frustrating right now since you have to be over interface elements for the rotation to work. At least you can rotate the camera quite liberally already using the in-game controls!

Here's how my game's currently looking at Outset Island:

Spoiler:
Is that with OpenGL or D3D?
OpenGL. I haven't played games with the Direct3D back-end in ages.
(04-24-2014, 09:12 PM)Kodiack Wrote: [ -> ]I've got some new Wind Waker screens to share!

These screenshots have all kinds of eye candy, such as a high resolution texture pack, 6xIR, 2560x1440 resolution, 2xAA, and all kinds of other stuff that's only possible because of Dolphin.

I also have a video showcasing how the game looks and plays in realtime. I can achieve 200%+ speed in fullscreen mode with these settings, and recording incurs no performance penalty thanks to QuickSync. The only downside is YouTube's compression.

Just FYI, the QuickSync Plugin is only really compatible with DX11 and DX9, just like ShadowPlay. There actually is a performance loss compared to when recording with Direct3D. But it's still not as bad as FRAPS.
(04-30-2014, 02:16 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Just FYI, the QuickSync Plugin is only really compatible with DX11 and DX9, just like ShadowPlay. There actually is a performance loss compared to when recording with Direct3D. But it's still not as bad as FRAPS.

I use Open Broadcaster Software for recording. It works just fine with OpenGL + QuickSync. Even if it didn't, there would be alternative ways of making it work, such as simply using screen capture. Really, though, all QuickSync does is (significantly) speed up the encoding and offload the chore from the CPU, which is what really hinders performance when recording or streaming.

If it didn't work, you wouldn't be able to view that video...

I also have a few more screenshots to share!

Spoiler:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31