Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin screenshots thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I have a couple of screenshots. I recently ripped Super Paper Mario (wii's in my room now, so I both have the time to rip it and the controller to play it), but this game doesn't have very many screenshot-worthy moments. I tried, though.

http://imgur.com/aG03Fqn.png
This screenshot was actually taken late-game, even though my level is low. The game is extremely easy, and keeping your level low makes it less so. Though, playing like that prohibits playing the Pit of 100 Trials before very late game, lest you should come out 5 levels later. OGL with DolphinFX gaussian filtering, at 2.5x IR (output 1080p).

I also have a Wind Waker screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/xLBr4wz.png
3x IR, NFAA, and bloom.
Is OpenGL faster than D3D in The last story for you?
I feel the need to post more Wind Waker.

I took some screenshots to compare bloom modes for DolphinFX in Wind Waker:
BlendScreen method of bloom, makes the game feel more dream-esque.
BlendOverlay method of bloom, makes the game feel more cartoony. Also, I caught this screenshot at a butt-ugly angle, and then the NFAA messed it up even more, and I hadn't even taken a moment to configure it properly.
Note that the difference can DEFINITELY be felt while playing the game. And, boy, it's definitely a significant difference. I recommend the former if you're going to play just the main story, and the latter for full-game, because yes, how you play the game affects which visual styling you should utilize in the game.

I'm off to get some screenshots comparing post-aa methods, which is DolphinFX's FXAA and NFAA, and the FXAA shader that comes with Dolphin. I might not end up taking them, but I need to close the browser anyways, to keep from hurting myself trying to position myself correctly.EDIT: nopenopenope
had to reduce to Auto (window size) and get rid of other AA, I'll never turn the game on looking like that again.

second edit removed
More Wind Waker, because you can never get tired of Wind Waker, right? Honestly, I just have no other games where I can provide a nice screenshot. Maybe Melee, but I'm not good enough to get so much as an okay picture in that game.

Outset background. Hi-res texture pack with some modifications to get rid of some unneeded HUD, DolphinFX for NFAA and Bloom (BlendOverlay blending method), 5xIR, 2xAA, and 4xAF.
Link looking like he doesn't know what to feel. Hi-res texture pack, DolphinFX for NFAA and Bloom, 4xIR, 8xAA, and 16xAF.
Queen of the fairy world. Same as above.
The arrows. Same as above.

[Image: dt-514000730350.png] [Image: dt-1614000732937.png][Image: dt-12140007329311.png][Image: dt-1014000732937.png][Image: dt-3140007329414.png]
TTYD screens

There were a lot of settings messed with along the creation of this album. When I started on this game, I was using OGL with no post, 4xAA, 16xAF, at 4xIR, scaled EFB copy, and such. I realized soon after that AF causes graphical glitches in this game. So I turned that off. Then, for a bit, I had per-pixel lighting, and I had made a new config for DolphinFX for this game, using NFAA and I think bloom (not sure). After that, I realized that there's no point to exceed the screen's resolution with IR in this game, so Auto (window size) it became. At one point, I turned off per-pixel lighting because this game doesn't really seem to use lighting calculations, ever, so it was just putting extra strain on for no reason and making it hotter in my room when I played this game (in a small, poorly-ventilated room with lots of textiles and electronics, and it sometimes exceeds the blazing inferno that is 23c in here!). And, finally, I recently also reduced the amount of AA. I should probably also turn down NFAA's strength, because most people would consider my screenshots blurry, even though I prefer to play the game like this.

Two things about playing this game:
1. Whoever said that BBox+EFB2RAM will fix punies is a liar and made me miss some perfect screenshot moments throughout that whole chapter (this was actually fixed by turning off "load custom textures", which I did because I don't have any custom textures to load)
2. There a lot of moments where it just lags, and it's not the emulator lagging, it's just the game slowing down for whatever reason. I noted that this happened a lot throughout the whole time in glitzville, where I constantly missed jumps in long chains because the game was slowing down. I'll ask about this in the game thread and see if anyone has any ideas about it there.

EDIT: Also, take a moment to observe that the thousand-year door's engraving looks like a sort of phallic object.
Thank you for your time observing that, you pervert.

EDIT: I also apologize for the shot of the menu that I included. I had kept it because it said "you only live once" in it, and I wished to contradict myself using that screenshot, but I forgot to omit it from the upload.
Freelook right-click view rotation is fixed on windows as of 4.0-1864! It was broken since 4.0-436, and certainly limited the options you could get for screenshots. And now it's fixed Big Grin.
SSBM screenshots at 3996x1080

Widescreen hack (obviously), Auto (window size) IR, scaled EFB copy, NFAA, and that's it.
Can we put the best screenshots on the the screenshot section of the Dolphin website? It's getting stale.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31