Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Nagli

Oh! Thank you!
(04-16-2010, 02:55 AM)Nagli Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Thank you!

graphic still bugs? flashlight with black bars?
(04-17-2010, 05:15 AM)fortalrox Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2010, 02:55 AM)Nagli Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Thank you!

graphic still bugs? flashlight with black bars?

his problem was controls related Tongue

but about the flashlight bars, i think they still happen in recent revs though im not sure, just test it.

Erebus

Hey guys, I'm new to Dolphin Emulator and I'd appreciate a little help.

I'm using R5379 and shadows are glitching like crazy, is this normal? I've followed all the settings suggested in the OP but still the problem persists.

terry_jerry73

1. I am new to Dolphin emalutaors as well as Silent Hill.
My laptop specs are:

Intel Core i3 M330
Intel ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
2.13 Ghz
4gb RAM
500 gb HDD
64 bit operating system, windows 7

2. I don't have Opengl and am using D3D9. Please suggest/ advise on
following:-

a. Suggest Dolphin and D3d9 Config for optimal performance.

b. How to use keyboard controls? I can only use
Z,X,C,V, -, + and Numpad keys on my keyboard. Don't know
how to shake enemies off in nightmare and don't know key to
run.

Thanks in advance for help.
(04-24-2010, 05:09 AM)terry_jerry73 Wrote: [ -> ]1. I am new to Dolphin emalutaors as well as Silent Hill.
My laptop specs are:

Intel Core i3 M330
Intel ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
2.13 Ghz
4gb RAM
500 gb HDD
64 bit operating system, windows 7

2. I don't have Opengl and am using D3D9. Please suggest/ advise on
following:-

a. Suggest Dolphin and D3d9 Config for optimal performance.

b. How to use keyboard controls? I can only use
Z,X,C,V, -, + and Numpad keys on my keyboard. Don't know
how to shake enemies off in nightmare and don't know key to
run.

Thanks in advance for help.

Hi Jerry, i can't really advise you much on the optimal performance side for your cpu because everyone pretty much reports the same performance with the basic configuration i posted in the first post, its pretty much what everyone uses for most games so you can't optimize much than that.

actually I just realized that the first post makes no mention of a d3d configuration, its because the settings are much the same as in OGL, here are some examples:
[Image: d3d1shsm2.jpg][Image: d3d1shsm1.jpg][Image: d3d1shsm3.jpg]

Simple settings that everyone uses :)

as for the control set up, go into the wiimote pluggin, in "Button Mapping" and you can see where the configuration for the keyboard is made, really simple, for the shaking off of the monsters check my first post at the bottom there is a WiimoteMovement.zip you have to download, just follow the instructions on the first post and you're good to go.

(04-21-2010, 09:50 AM)Erebus Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm new to Dolphin Emulator and I'd appreciate a little help.

I'm using R5379 and shadows are glitching like crazy, is this normal? I've followed all the settings suggested in the OP but still the problem persists.

I haven't tested recent builds so I assume by your post that this shadow bar glitch is still happening, i really hate to suggest using an older build but it is necessary, use r4727, the performance should be the same, but you will only be able to use opengl because the shadows on d3d were not fixed yet.
courtesy of whitezero's archive
http://www.mediafire.com/?4zkzotnynzd x86
http://www.mediafire.com/?zdx22yzjy2k x64

terry_jerry73

Thanks a lot, Apostacious. Some more clarifcations. You will have to excuse me for my poor technical knowledge related to this stuff.
1. U hv mentioned in ur first post:
"Severe graphical corruption of the flashlight in Direct 3d pluggin. (Fixed by rev 4815)". My query is where to find and how to apply this rev 4815. I mean detailed explanation.

2. U hv also mentioned:
"Enabling "Safe texture cache" may create a black block in the top left corner of the screen.
(Only happening with Orleans builds so use either mamario's or Unknownforce's builds or any other pure build)". Query, what is this build thing and how can i change from one to another?

3. With ref to ur last reply, i am attaching pic of wiimote plugin window. Please see and advise if i still need to copy wiimotemovement.zip thing. If answer is yes, please also tell me where can i find "Dolphin-rXXXX\User\Config"?

4. I found out yetserday that Dolphin has released Dolphin Version 2.0. (http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html). Can I use it to improve performance of my already installed silent hill? There are other latest rev also mentioned on this page. Are they of any use and how can i apply and use them?

Thanks[attachment=3133][attachment=3133][attachment=3133][attachment=3133][attachment=3133]

terry_jerry73

Further to my post above.

1. Hv been able to use rev. Qs, which dolphin rev is best for playing Silent Hill?
2. Still not bn able to shake enemies off and not bn able to run!. Keys to shake for wii and nunchuk in my recording movements are "/" and "Num 0" but pressing them does nt seem to work. is it ok for movemenst to slow down when enemy is on Hary's back? Secondly, i dont find mention of any key in recorded movements window for Hary to run!

Regards

terry_jerry73

further progress...i am able to run...but still unable to shake. gimme the tip guys..... furthermore, while creature is on hary's back, the game slows down....is it normal?

L_Valentine

I found out about Dolphin a few days ago.. So I don't know exactly what to do. I've set up the config the way it is listed above, the game runs normally until I get to the part where you have to fill out the questionnaire in game. The emulated Wiimote (my mouse) doesn't work. Any help with this would be awesome.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area..
Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26