Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

ferix

(02-25-2010, 01:58 AM)85e Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2010, 04:08 PM)ferix Wrote: [ -> ]hi dudes, i'm new in here and i have 1 simple or maybe not, question.
Can I run this game fine?
i have an Asus G60Vx with these specs
Intel Centrino 2 @ 2.13 up to 2.3 Ghz in Xtreme Turbo Mode
Nvidia GTX 260M @ 1gb dedicated memory GDDR3 up to 2.7 Gb of Shared Memory
SODIMM X2 @ 2GB (it is 4Gb) DDR2

but i have some problems, is there a configuration that will work with these specifications?.

i hope someone can help me, thanks a lot!

That's well posted!
It still had unstable speed in my specs

AMD Phenom2 x4 3.1 GHz
2GB of RAM (DDR3)
and 9600 GT

But overall it is playable, just deal with corrupted flashlight, weird reflections and slowdowns ( alot! )

Well i've finished the game ... guess what? Shocking ending! Oh Harry... you "always" had tragic fate just like in Silent Hill 3 ! Tongue

ouch, that means that i'll not play it fine doesn't it?.
well, i'll visit the forum frecuently for the news, maybe some day it will release a revision that can run it with 2.0Ghz Tongue
Smilehi ive tested it working with the flash light ok on the latest revision 5166 i do have a massivly oc machine though e6750 at 3.72ghz ,3 gig 800 musking memory at 940, and a ATI 2900xt 512m at 822 core and a 999 mhz memory. I moved through the first set of rooms then into the town towards the cloths shop and it seemed ok
to get the flash light to work i had to use v syng and please get all other settings from the setup guide from marmarios svn download page its his 64 bit revision im using.
Also if your processor is only 2 gig have you checked the net to see what the max possible speed is for your cpu maby if you buy bigger heat sink and fan this will allow you to get a much needed fps increase as its cpu not graphics which seems to have the greatest boost for dolphin

eraserhead777

I'm running Dolphin on a 4ghz+ i7 920 CPU but I still do not get full framerate in this game. Any ideas why? I have tried with both opengl and dx9, at different resolutions.
(03-11-2010, 08:30 AM)eraserhead777 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Dolphin on a 4ghz+ i7 920 CPU but I still do not get full framerate in this game. Any ideas why? I have tried with both opengl and dx9, at different resolutions.

you have to disable hyper threading for i7s otherwise dolphin uses 2 threads instead of 2 physical cores.

eraserhead777

(03-11-2010, 08:37 AM)Apostacious Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2010, 08:30 AM)eraserhead777 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Dolphin on a 4ghz+ i7 920 CPU but I still do not get full framerate in this game. Any ideas why? I have tried with both opengl and dx9, at different resolutions.

you have to disable hyper threading for i7s otherwise dolphin uses 2 threads instead of 2 physical cores.

Thanks, I'll try that Smile
Even with Hyperthreading turned off, there are scenes were I get less than 60 FPS. Not really a big problem, but I find it a little strange since less powerful rigs seem to outperform me in this game.

With flashlight off, FPS sometimes goes over 130 though, so it seems to be detrimental. Never went that high with HT on.

What framerate do you guys get in the first scene with the psychiatrist? I never get over 45-50 here for some reason.

OutOfTimer

I'm new to Wii emulation and love this game very much so I'd be glad if you could answer these 2 simple questions: (1) If I install the emulator, will it be fully functional or will I have to obtain some additional files to make it work? I know that the PS2 emulators require some files, which makes them illegal in the EU. (2) I assume I can simply buy the Wii version of the game at my local store, put it in the DVD drive and it will work, right? Or do I need any special version of the game (which I hope I don't)?

If there's some FAQ that I could read, then by all means please direct me to it. I couldn't find any relevant information, so I'm asking here. Thanks.
(03-20-2010, 04:58 PM)OutOfTimer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to Wii emulation and love this game very much so I'd be glad if you could answer these 2 simple questions: (1) If I install the emulator, will it be fully functional or will I have to obtain some additional files to make it work? I know that the PS2 emulators require some files, which makes them illegal in the EU. (2) I assume I can simply buy the Wii version of the game at my local store, put it in the DVD drive and it will work, right? Or do I need any special version of the game (which I hope I don't)?

If there's some FAQ that I could read, then by all means please direct me to it. I couldn't find any relevant information, so I'm asking here. Thanks.

1: you don't need any additional files from the wii itself, as long as you own the game you're playing its all fine and dandy.

2: no, you need to have a compatible dvd drive to be able to read and rip wii games.

just read the stickies in the forums and you'll be good to go. Smile

Phuzy

Oh hello everyone, as u can see im just new here and i was hopin if someone knowz how to setup a similiar pad as the ps2 one.

Ps : Grats everyone for this epic job u guys been doing.
Dats all for now.

Kainknine

Hello i am new here when i play the game it has missing text how do i fix that also sorry to ask how would i go connecting my wii remote to my computer do i need a bluetooth Dongle or is there another way? could you please pm i do not know how to set options in the Dolphin settings.
Yes you NEED a bluetooth dongle for your computer, unless it has inbuilt bluetooth like some laptops. Your wiimote can't magically connect to your PC otherwise. For the text problems, try enabling copy EFB and set "safe texture cache" to "safe" (in graphics configuration, found by clicking the blue icon in the toolbar labeled "Graphics"). This option is only for the DX9 plugin (Selected in the "plugins" tab in "Config")
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26