Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game settings database - Discontinued
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Such a thing does not exist. Per-Game settings do not show the effective settings, but the ones that would be changed from your general config.
Checked means the setting will overwrite your current one to "yes", unchecked will overwrite it to "no". Undetermined state will use whatever you have configured (but it will not actually show this in the dialog itself).
(01-17-2011, 02:39 AM)Hompf Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but I'm wondering, why there are no "undetermined unchecked" boxes at all.
If for example in my general settings Dual Core is disabled - then if I open the game's individual config setting, which makes no change in this option, there should be an "undetermined unchecked" Enable Dual Core, shouldn't there?
Since i don't quite understand what you are asking about i hope the stuff below can help you.

If a box is filled it doesn't mean it is enabled, it means it is undetermined, the box should have a tick, a "v" inside for an option to be enabled and be empty for it to be disabled. Individual settings override general, but when they are not determined the respective general settings are applied. In the case above if you disabled dual core at the general settings and the individual setting is undetermined(not set), the general setting will apply (dual core will be disabled). If an individual setting is set(dual core has a tick, a "v" inside the box) then the individual setting will override the general and dual core will be enabled.
I'm fixed my problem in this emulator, but i don't see very well the texture of the games
Thanks guys and sorry for that confusing (but now resolved Smile) discussion.
Jack Frost points exactly what I meant: "Per-Game settings do not show the effective settings, [...]" - this is just what I missed as a feature, and what confused me cause normally a check box is gray if the option stays unchanged (that's implemented in Dolphin) and shows with a checkmark or not, if it is on or off (not implemented)...
(01-16-2011, 06:42 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Mario Party 8 (Wii): Needs "Force Filtering" and "Display List Caching" disabled.

The above is added along with a lot of changes based on your thread with games that hang at startup. See here http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-cheats-...tail?r=277
The US versions of Klonoa, Punchout and Mario Strikers Charged Football all need "EuRGB60 Mode (PAL 60)" disabled to boot. However, unfortunately, there's no option for that in the per-game-settings (yet?)
just find out that in order to get rid of the "ocol1" error in one piece unlimited cruise 2 you need to enable "emulate format changes" under dx9, sadly using dx9 you get the bloom making this game unplayable, and if you use dx11 the bloom is gone but "emulate format changes" is greyed out so it cannot be used.Oh and btw can somebody explain to me why that option is greyed out in dx11?
I will try and help out with the GC side of it
Catwoman (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU and MMU Speed Hack and Accurate Texture Cache ticked

All Star Baseball 2002 (GC)
All Star Baseball 2003 (GC)
both go ingame

Batman Rise of Sin Tzu
goes ingame
needs MMU Speed Hack and Use XFB ticked

Tak and the Power of Juju
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

The incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
goes ingame
needs Use XFB ticked and in the graphics plugin EFB copy Enable ticked with the dot on Texture

Neighbours from Hell (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

XIII (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU and MMU Speed Hack and Use XFB ticked

Ferral

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (ideal for lower end systems and laptops with Radeon & GeForce mobility cards)

Gamecube

Right click game properties

Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Enable CPU Access
Disable EFB to Texture
Disable ZTP Hack (For Zelda Twilight Princess only)

Leave the rest of the Boxes Blue

Main emulator settings

Window & Screen Res 640x480
Framelimit Off

Graphics (DX9)

Copy Enabled & Texture
Scale Fractional
Aspect Auto

Everything else unchecked

Advanced settings

Disable Fog
Enable OpenCL

Sound

Check the 3 boxes
Sample rate 32000

These settings also work perfect on Eternal Darkness with very little slowdown, also works a charm for Zelda Twilight Princess with very little slowdown.

Hope this helps some people with older chipsets and dual core CPU's

(01-23-2011, 05:00 PM)nash679 Wrote: [ -> ]I will try and help out with the GC side of it
Catwoman (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU and MMU Speed Hack and Accurate Texture Cache ticked

All Star Baseball 2002 (GC)
All Star Baseball 2003 (GC)
both go ingame

Batman Rise of Sin Tzu
goes ingame
needs MMU Speed Hack and Use XFB ticked

Tak and the Power of Juju
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

The incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
goes ingame
needs Use XFB ticked and in the graphics plugin EFB copy Enable ticked with the dot on Texture

Neighbours from Hell (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU ticked

XIII (GC)
goes ingame
needs Enable MMU and MMU Speed Hack and Use XFB ticked

Nice, most of these are put in the game database. See here ...
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-cheats-...tail?r=280

Quote:just find out that in order to get rid of the "ocol1" error in one piece unlimited cruise 2 you need to enable "emulate format changes" under dx9, sadly using dx9 you get the bloom making this game unplayable, and if you use dx11 the bloom is gone but "emulate format changes" is greyed out so it cannot be used.Oh and btw can somebody explain to me why that option is greyed out in dx11?
It is implemented just for direct 3d 9 for the time being so it is grayed out for other plugins.

Quote:The US versions of Klonoa, Punchout and Mario Strikers Charged Football all need "EuRGB60 Mode (PAL 60)" disabled to boot. However, unfortunately, there's no option for that in the per-game-settings (yet?)

For punchout there is info already, it will be added for the others at a later point. I could include some more options as a patch in the game properties like "EuRGB60 Mode (PAL 60)" but all that matters is what developers think and if they want them added (i have the impression that they don't want more options added in the properties). Without an "ok" from developers it would be a waste of time in a sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18