Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Epic Mickey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
i dont think so, tbird79. if you would play whis real wiimote and on real wii you would like the control.(maybe Smile ) so you cant rate a game whisout real console. wel i dont own wii too, so it maybe bad anyway. Smile
(11-22-2010, 10:39 PM)alex001 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont think so, tbird79. if you would play whis real wiimote and on real wii you would like the control.(maybe Smile ) so you cant rate a game whisout real console. wel i dont own wii too, so it maybe bad anyway. Smile

I did play it on wii and I don't like the controls. There's no camera control, in it's place are what they like to call "motion controls" which are really just inputs being set off by the accelerometers, inputs which could be set off faster and more accurately with normal button presses. The only real motion controls in the game is the aiming of the cursor, but that could easily be accomplished more accurately with analog sticks, and you would get camera control as well.

This is a big problem for Wii games. Many Wii owners won't notice this type of thing as they're not hardcore, long term gamers, but those of us who have been through numerous console generations can instantly see the problem. The game has been crippled because the devs, Nintendo, or whoever said the game needed to use the Wii's motion controls.

There are a lot of games for the Wii that are crippled because of the use of Wii motion controls.

I read that in the new DK Country game coming out, to slap the ground, you have to shake the wiimote. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong here, but didn't you just have to simply press a button on the old SNES DK games to do that? Why make such a simple thing that only took a quick button press to do overcomplicated and more time consuming? Ridiculous.

I don't think the wii motion controls should be used just because they're there, especially not in such ludicrous ways.

Just my opinion. Oh my, that's a long post! lol! Smile
Hey guys I've a little problem! In this game I got only max 25 frames stable and that 5 frames are very very annoying, If I disable v-sync, audio throttle and frame limiter in in-game gameplay I got about 35 frames, with a minimum of 25 and a maximum of 50-60!! So what can be the options that limit my fps to 25 and not to 30???
The game isn't even out for another 3 days (eu) or 8 days in north america.
No retailer is selling it in store before that date either..
(11-23-2010, 03:06 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]The game isn't even out for another 3 days (eu) or 8 days in north america.

I can walk into a store right now and buy a second copy
(11-23-2010, 03:06 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]The game isn't even out for another 3 days (eu) or 8 days in north america.

Wanna bet? Here in Canada we have this chain called Zellers. At Zellers, they get stuff in and throw it on the shelves, they literally do not know the meaning of the word "street date".

Anybody remember when Doom 3 came out on Xbox? Pretty major title, with a seriously enforced street date. Well, thanks to good old Zellers, I had the ability to purchase the game nearly a week before it's street date.

Just because EB/Gamestop is sticking to the street date doesn't mean everybody else does the same. Zellers is perfect for getting anything early, as their electronics dept. almost never has the same people working in it and the whole chain is basically a mess, so there's no oversight. Stuff comes in, they stick it on the shelves, doesn't matter what it is.
(11-23-2010, 08:36 AM)tbird79 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, thanks to good old Zellers, I had the ability to purchase the game nearly a week before it's street date.

lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_date

Quote:Shipments come marked very clearly with a "do not sell before release date" label designating a street date mandated by the distributor. Shipments may sometimes arrive up to three weeks in advance.

Retail outlets can be severely punished by manufacturers for releasing a product even a day before the street date, a process known as "breaking street." If a retailer breaches the contract establishing a street date, the manufacturer may impose fines, may withdraw privileges to distribute future products from that manufacturer, and may file a lawsuit to enforce the contract.

good thing the franchise r of that single store was breaking legal contract then

they mite be getting newer releases late or not at all as consequence..
if every1 could break the contract to make big profits over honest retailer, dont u think everyone would do it to increase income ??

btw zellers is not selling epic mickey yet
(11-23-2010, 02:08 PM)gutekunst Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2010, 08:36 AM)tbird79 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, thanks to good old Zellers, I had the ability to purchase the game nearly a week before it's street date.

lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_date

Quote:Shipments come marked very clearly with a "do not sell before release date" label designating a street date mandated by the distributor. Shipments may sometimes arrive up to three weeks in advance.

Retail outlets can be severely punished by manufacturers for releasing a product even a day before the street date, a process known as "breaking street." If a retailer breaches the contract establishing a street date, the manufacturer may impose fines, may withdraw privileges to distribute future products from that manufacturer, and may file a lawsuit to enforce the contract.

good thing the franchise r of that single store was breaking legal contract then

they mite be getting newer releases late or not at all as consequence..
if every1 could break the contract to make big profits over honest retailer, dont u think everyone would do it to increase income ??

btw zellers is not selling epic mickey yet

Maybe not *your* Zellers, but remember, there is more than one. I think there's one in most cities in Canada.

Zellers is a mess. It has been for nearly a decade now, as Wally World is kicking their butts all over the place. Management has been cut down to nearly nothing, staff has been cut down to nearly nothing (at least compared to staff levels before Walmart's takeover of Canada's retail sector). Having worked in a mall with a Zellers and having known numerous employees of that store, I can tell you without a doubt that street dates on a number of things were broken there, from games to movies. In fact, the EB Games in that mall was able to also start selling Doom 3 early back then, as all they had to do was go to Zellers, buy a copy and fax the receipt to their head office. Once they can prove that another retailer is selling it, they can sell it too.

Another retailer to check for games being put out early is Superstore. That's another big box store that's just a disaster. I worked at a Superstore for quite some time, and they may be more disorganized than Zellers (this was 10 years ago I worked there, they may be better now).

There's LOTS of places that break streets dates, it's not nearly as big a deal as it appears to be. They make the consequences sound all scary, but in reality the publishers rarely find out about street dates being broken. Locally owned game stores (mom and pop shops) routinely sell games early, especially if you know the owners well Smile
pretty much every game or product i have ever pre-ordered has come early before release. amazon sent me windows 7 like a week early.

got cod black ops early and was even playing online before the midnight release, the next day some noob was like "wtf how you get to lvl 29 already, hacker!!!!"
(11-22-2010, 09:03 AM)tbird79 Wrote: [ -> ]We all know already that the wii's motion controls are just a gimmick
BS. Wii Sports and Wii Play would have been pretty mediocre without motion controls.

(11-23-2010, 12:51 AM)tbird79 Wrote: [ -> ]The only real motion controls in the game is the aiming of the cursor, but that could easily be accomplished more accurately with analog sticks, and you would get camera control as well.
BS, too. I can aim faster and more accurately in shooting games when using a Wiimote or a mouse than when using an analog stick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14