Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Epic Mickey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Alright, I need some help with this game. Am I missing something?

It played great in the first couple levels back at r71xx, but now I'm getting insane slowdowns. I get to 10 FPS or below (r7574 x64 SSE4.2).
My specs: Intel i5-760, Geforce GT220, 4GB RAM.
Does this game require an incredibly powerful GPU to run properly?

I played with OpenGL before because it resulted in better graphics, but now when I run this game in r7574 with OpenGL it crashes. I use D3D9 now, and it's still slow like hell. I tried using native resolution (including window resolution set to 640x480), disabling EFB Scaled Copy etc, and using all the speedhacks available. I even tried using r6505 x64 SSE4.2 (I've seen some people saying it's a faster revision), and yet the game is slow.

Am I missing something there? :X

The thing is, I've seen people in youtube running it fine with an older CPU (i5-750).

falcon64z8

(06-07-2011, 11:21 PM)Schwimmer Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I need some help with this game. Am I missing something?

It played great in the first couple levels back at r71xx, but now I'm getting insane slowdowns. I get to 10 FPS or below (r7574 x64 SSE4.2).
My specs: Intel i5-760, Geforce GT220, 4GB RAM.
Does this game require an incredibly powerful GPU to run properly?

I played with OpenGL before because it resulted in better graphics, but now when I run this game in r7574 with OpenGL it crashes. I use D3D9 now, and it's still slow like hell. I tried using native resolution (including window resolution set to 640x480), disabling EFB Scaled Copy etc, and using all the speedhacks available. I even tried using r6505 x64 SSE4.2 (I've seen some people saying it's a faster revision), and yet the game is slow.

Am I missing something there? :X

The thing is, I've seen people in youtube running it fine with an older CPU (i5-750).

Yes this game requires a powerful gpu to play to its potential. I now have a 560ti gtx with core i7 and 9gb DDR3 ram it plays in 720p with 4xaa for me fine. I only notice 1 part where it drops but 90 percent of the time it plays fine. Before I had a 4650 ati gfx card and it played it at 20fps. I am using 3.0 dolphin though.

Also, to help dolphin runs better open your task manager and set the priority level of the emulator to real time, it will improve fps.

barbaradies

Hey,
I feel like an idiot and all but i don't care, I've been trying to find a way to fix my epic mickey's visual problem for days now! My problem is that these vertical bars show up and I can't get rid of them! I have r7589, and I've been trying many different settings that I found online to "fix it" and none of them work. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance

[attachment=6294]
(07-03-2011, 04:54 AM)barbaradies Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
I feel like an idiot and all but i don't care, I've been trying to find a way to fix my epic mickey's visual problem for days now! My problem is that these vertical bars show up and I can't get rid of them! I have r7589, and I've been trying many different settings that I found online to "fix it" and none of them work. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance

I've been wondering this too. It's been there since the game was released. I remember someone saying that there was no way to fix it, does anyone who knows more about dolphin have some info?
(07-10-2011, 06:59 AM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]

I've been wondering this too. It's been there since the game was released. I remember someone saying that there was no way to fix it, does anyone who knows more about dolphin have some info?

XFB? V-sync? (just throwing out possibilities)
(07-10-2011, 07:49 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 06:59 AM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]

XFB? V-sync? (just throwing out possibilities)

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, or if it was an official fix, but I've started playing it again recently using r7719, and setting Internal Resolution to "Auto - Window Size" completely eliminates the vertical bars from before! Smile
Since my desktop is 1080p, now the game runs at HD with no vertical lines. Well done Dolphin dev team!
Anybody else noticing a problem when loading the game using 3.0-235? When I start it, it just shows a grey screen, and nothing else?
(01-04-2012, 02:17 AM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody else noticing a problem when loading the game using 3.0-235? When I start it, it just shows a grey screen, and nothing else?

I think it got broken should be fixed soon I guess.
i am playing it about a week now, game runs perfect with no slowdowns or glichtes also controls wilth keyboard and mouse work very well. But for some reason Dolphin crashes sometimes. I am using Dolphin 3.0 Open gl plugin (it had graphic erros with DX11 and DX9 plugins). so why it crashes sometimes? i am close to finish it anyway but it will be realy great if there is a way to stop crashing!
Exceptioninfo.txt?
Settings?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14