Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Epic Mickey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

benfinkel

(11-20-2010, 09:08 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]in Dolphin settings, switch to JITIL
and don't forget to disable bi-/trilinear filtering and display list caching.

Thanks! That seems like it's working.

Some "WriteRest: op out of range" errors on load, but it gets past them.

The settings "Force Bi/Trilinear Filtering" and "Enable Display List Caching" were both unchecked by default, I didn't have to change them.

Thanks for the fast reply!!

-Ben
(11-20-2010, 09:08 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]in Dolphin settings, switch to JITIL
and don't forget to disable bi-/trilinear filtering and display list caching.

I find the settings but it didn't help. I got the latest version and build, though still have weird graphic glitch :-S
@ benfinkel: you can disable those warnings by disabling panic handlers in Dolphin Config.

filehpe

When the menu appears I got an error conect nunchuck , and I try to reconect and still gives that error , I disabled panic handles and nothing, I use real Wii mote.
The game runs at about 11-15 fps for me, but there is this awful graphic bug - when the camera or the first level boss (with the bug eye) move, all things start to mash up into one big colourful spot - like this:
[Image: dasdasd3.jpg]
or
[Image: 37697385.jpg]
!
I, literally, tried everything to fix it, but nothing helped. I'm using svn 6316 and my pc conf is: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core +2.67 GHz, 2 GB ram, Windows 7 x86 and ATi Radeon HD 3200.
P.S. And I don't think it is from my PC, cuz look at that:
[Image: asdasd32.jpg]. :?
Same graphic issue here :-s
Do the movies play without issue for anyone here? - in game is fine for me, no problems, but the FMV's are all garbage & i have to skip i am using SVN R6343.

If it's a settings issue could someone please post the relevant ones - Cheers.
dude, it's been said before. disable "force bi/-trilinear filtering"
(11-22-2010, 12:21 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]dude, it's been said before. disable "force bi/-trilinear filtering"

Thanks for the answer - disabling "force bi/-trilinear filtering does fix the issue (not 100%) but is there an option for doing this when using the D3D11 plugin (i can't see it), as the D3D9 causes performance issues (slowdown) and a weird shadow effect around Mickey, no problems (apart from FMV when using D3D11)

Well, now that I'm playing this game I have to say WOW! It's really great, but there is one problem with the game. Just one - the wiimote controls.

There is literally NO reason whatsoever that this game needs wiimote aiming. This game is basically Super Mario Sunshine starring Mickey Mouse and set in Disney worlds. That's what this game is. Now, that's a good thing, and if this game had camera control and paint/thinner aiming on a right analog stick instead of aiming with the wiimote, this would pretty much be the best game of the year, and maybe the best 3d platformer since SMG came out.

The lack of camera control in this game is brutal. The autocamera doesn't do a BAD job, but it's not doing a great job either, and in this day and age, to sacrifice something as necessary as camera control to make use of wii's motion controls is ludicrous. We all know already that the wii's motion controls are just a gimmick, as we can just map all the stuff to a gamepad with Dolphin, with the exception of the new REAL motion controls with motionplus.

Epic Mickey needs proper right stick camera control and aiming and needs to be played with either the classic controller or a gamecube controller. What a shame that what would easily be GOTY is crippled by the wii's redundant "motion controls". Shake the controller to do a spin move? No thanks, I'd rather just press a button, obviously.

Epic Mickey rating:

7/10

Would be 10/10 without the wiimote nonsense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14