Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Metroid: Other M (U)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(10-12-2010, 09:18 PM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys

The "million dollar questions" is ... What is the dolphin revision that make this game possible to play , with the minor errors possible, or it isn´t possible yet ?!?

A read that some people where able to finish the game, so if someone could help out.

thanks in advance

I beat the game in revisions between 6254 and 6266, so they were the best for me, no crashes at all on any revision Smile
(10-13-2010, 12:11 PM)Butz_san Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2010, 09:18 PM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys

The "million dollar questions" is ... What is the dolphin revision that make this game possible to play , with the minor errors possible, or it isn´t possible yet ?!?

A read that some people where able to finish the game, so if someone could help out.

thanks in advance

I beat the game in revisions between 6254 and 6266, so they were the best for me, no crashes at all on any revision Smile

thanks mate, i will try in this revisiom, and i will see if i have any luck

Hi there. I got some problems with the game. First, I don't know why, but so far, I can't use the Direct3D 9 plugin (9 because I have windows XP) with any wii games. I Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid other M, the game just works amazingly slow, so I can't use it. So, I try to use the OpenGL plugin, with the configuration as much alike possible to the Direct3D 9 plugin. But, in Metroid Other M, in both versions, NTSC and PAL, the game starts with the option menu:

[Image: optionsf.th.jpg]

But it doesn't show me the game selection screen, the game just starts.

In the PAL version, the game works fine until the scene where you kill the first enemies, after that:

[Image: palk.th.jpg]

And then, after that, the game just stays there, doesn't do anything. You can move Samus, but the next event doesn't happen at all, the game just stays there.

And, in the NTSC version, also at the training part, works fine, until the wall jump starts, but in the middle of the way up:

[Image: ntsc.th.jpg]

just after that, it happens this:

[Image: allblack.th.jpg]

and then you can hear the game, the map shows you moving, but the image stays black.

Why is all this happening to me, when, for what I red in this post, no one else had this problem? Is it because I'm using the OpenGL plugin?
(10-16-2010, 09:26 AM)paraemuladores Wrote: [ -> ]Why is all this happening to me, when, for what I red in this post, no one else had this problem? Is it because I'm using the OpenGL plugin?

The black screen in Metroid other M is just a random issue, sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't happen xD. I didn't happen to me there, but later in the game sometimes I used to get a black screen, so you just have to try the game until you get it right, Also, I was using a 64bits version of DOlphin compiled by myself
(10-16-2010, 02:03 PM)Butz_san Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2010, 09:26 AM)paraemuladores Wrote: [ -> ]Why is all this happening to me, when, for what I red in this post, no one else had this problem? Is it because I'm using the OpenGL plugin?

The black screen in Metroid other M is just a random issue, sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't happen xD. I didn't happen to me there, but later in the game sometimes I used to get a black screen, so you just have to try the game until you get it right, Also, I was using a 64bits version of DOlphin compiled by myself

I tried, but everytime I tried that, the game goes black in the same scene, and I can't do anything about it. Could the problem be that I'm using a 32 bit version?

bcelmo

Just finished the game using revisions 6262x64 and 6284x64. I played 2/3 in 6262 compiled by steveo then tried emucr`s 6284 which seemed slower with 5-6 fps so went back to 6262 to finish the game
On my e8200@2666Mhz with HD4850 and 4 giga ram had between 45 and 60 fps with slowdowns up to 30fps in a few rooms in sector 2. Overall the game was playable and enjoyable
Had no graphic errors during gameplay and no black screens during gameplay, however 90% of the cutscenes were black with or without Use XFB and real XFB
Played in 1280x720, 4x AA,forced bilinear filtering, anisotropic on. Probably could have squeezed a few more fps without them but the framerate was good enough. Used directx9 plugin
Played with Logitech gamepad without problems

Overall the game is a 4 star right now

paulguy

Still curious if anyone has any solution to my problem in this previous post: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-117...#pid115998

One person responded, I responded back, and that's it. I'd really like to be able to play this game in a high resolution using a gamepad or keyboard/mouse.

Does this game just not work in the linux version or with opengl or what?
this game has constant slowdowns , before enter doors, or before using the gun right ?!? i mean in the emulator and so
and is happening to someone else a bug that the textures turn to dark sometimes in the videos right at the begining ? i´´m using r6286
(10-18-2010, 09:49 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]this game has constant slowdowns , before enter doors, or before using the gun right ?!? i mean in the emulator and so
and is happening to someone else a bug that the textures turn to dark sometimes in the videos right at the begining ? i´´m using r6286

I get huge lags like down to 10-30FPS when I open doors but shooting I usually only lose 1-5FPS (5 and maybe more during combat).
Hi,

I have tried Metroid Other M Pal with several Dolphin releases (5561, 5652, 5726, 5774, 5847, 5925, 6137, 6237, 6262, 6277, 6294, 6303) and i always meet the same bug like paraemuladores meets. Just after killing the first enemies, i can move Samus in the tutorial room but "Ok, looking good" is stuck on the screen, and nothing happens. Trying with original wiimote, or with emulated wiimote changes nothing.

I've just tried onto my original Wii with USB Loader GX and the game works very well.

I've read somewhere on the forums we can use a saved game to jump after this bug, but how can you load a saved game when the game itself is stuck and you don't have any menu access to load this saved game ?

Thx for your help.

B.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41