Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Metroid: Other M (U)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
well, you could use someone's save state...you can then load it right after booting the game.
(10-27-2010, 07:22 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]well, you could use someone's save state...you can then load it right after booting the game.

Hi and thx for your answer.

Ok, i've finally understood what to do, just needed to use the saved file "52334f45" from tansup3rman ( http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/attachment.php?aid=4266 ), then rename the folder "52334f45" into "52334f50", copy/paste it into Dolphin\User\Wii\Title\00010000 (replacing the existing one) then run the game from Dolphin. Using the SLOT 1 - MAIN SECTOR and it works !!!

Thx !!! Smile

B.
in fmvs the screen go black, then return normally when be played
It's not FMVs...FMVs are pre-rendered movies, like the intro. What you mean are ingame-cutscenes...yeah, unfortunately there's no real fix for that, yet.
ingame cutscene, yes
Have some good news if anyone is interested...I have metroid other m and I didn't want to play if all the cut scenes were going to be black.

So, I went ahead and messed with some of the source in dolphin. Currently have the cut scenes working although I haven't had a chance to test it extensively. It is a projection issue as others have pointed out and because I really don't know much about emulator or game programming in general, I'm not sure what effect my changes would have on other games. However, I can implement it as a projection hack similar to the ones already in there.

I have a lot of school work to finish tomorrow, but I will try to clean up the code and test it a bit more. Should be finished within a day or two.
(11-09-2010, 03:41 PM)TaDaa Wrote: [ -> ]Have some good news if anyone is interested...I downloaded metroid other m and I didn't want to play if all the cut scenes were going to be black.

So, I went ahead and messed with some of the source in dolphin. Currently have the cut scenes working although I haven't had a chance to test it extensively. It is a projection issue as others have pointed out and because I really don't know much about emulator or game programming in general, I'm not sure what effect my changes would have on other games. However, I can implement it as a projection hack similar to the ones already in there.

I have a lot of school work to finish tomorrow, but I will try to clean up the code and test it a bit more. Should be finished within a day or two.

Very interesting, if it works I really hope it will be implemented as a projection hack in future builds...

So, I have had time to clean it up the code and implement a projection hack for Metroid Other M. Out of the games that I have briefly tested it on, it does not seem to have any adverse effects.

The hack is selectable through game properties (right click the game -> properties) or OGL settings. Just click the projection hack drop-down and select "Metroid Other M." I currently recommend using it with DX9. This hack does not work with DX11 (not sure any of the hacks do). This hack (at least in my testing) did not require be toggled on or off.

Once again I have not tested this extensively, I plan on playing the game a lot this weekend and hope not to see any black screens.

32 bit and 64 bit versions of r6373 are attached. I will post the patch as an issue on google code, so that a contributor can implement it (if they wish to). If black cut scenes or gameplay persist even with the hack enabled, please reply to the google code issue (http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=3477).

win32 : http://cid-0869dade80cd975c.office.live....u/Win32.7z
x64 : http://cid-0869dade80cd975c.office.live....emu/x64.7z

hey, that's awesome Big Grin I hope it works and they implement it in future builds...
I've even waited with playing this game till this issue got solved ^^

dannedj

Thanks!
Played to the first save station and it works perfect.
Let's just hope it stays like that! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41