Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Metroid: Other M (U)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
OK so I was messing around with the Infinite Sector 2 Elevator loop problem. and by trying different things I finally came to what may be the problem. When I switched my Audio Backend in DSP to OpenAL instead of Dsound, It worked. As long as you have OpenAL set before you start your game, you should be able to hop on the Sector 2 Elevator and reach your destination. Can anyone else test this for me. Remember you must set it before you load the game in dolphin. Only drawbacks on my system anyway is that the sound was extremely laggy. I did it with out any Save States only the Save stations from within the game. for some reason save states don't load on mine. Using Rev 6156
@ SpiderTECH: Good find! This does sound like it could be the issue/workaround because it wouldn't be the first game where the HLE plugin made a game get stuck...and there was also already occasions where the other audio backend fixed it.
Yeah, don't use save states with issues like this...changing audio plugins or settings doesn't work right with save states...was the same in SMG2 grand star issue.
I'm using mamario's build to play this, and i gotta say it runs great, 100% speed most of the time, except for those big rooms or rooms with a lot of mobs, in wich speed gets to 70-80%, wich i think is normal...

mm only issues i has found so far:
- video in cutscenes is unsynchronized with sound (sound goes first, and then the video), audio throttle doesn't fix this
- The usual black screen in cutscenes that's still unresolved
- Sometimes there's some strange noise in background
(09-07-2010, 07:29 AM)hdickson Wrote: [ -> ]- Sometimes there's some strange noise in background

I get that in almost all emulators I have tried if I'm unlucky picking some weird settings combination. :S
I have noticed that mamario's recent build releases are a bit slower than the old ones for this games i think; tried the game in build r6156 and got better results than in r6188, or dunno.

So, whats the best build for Metroid? (From mamario, lectrode, 2.0, etc)
You know I was playing the game and its not so bad on Dolphin, it slows down a bit and there's still black screens during cutscene sometimes but the game is still playable...I'm heading to sector 3 now with the diffusion beam unlocked...i

Kimbaroth

I finished this game yesterday with this rev "Dolphin-x64-r6181" without any problems at all. Just the usual black screens. Excellent game i gotta say. =D
Guys, I just got the game yesterday, everything was fine until I finished the tutorial, the new cutscene appear and the game stuck at that cutscene , the fps still at 60, helpHuh I'm using R6188 x86. I tried the 2.0 ver but the screen went black after i jumped up from the hole in the tutorial. What should I do ???
Did anyone get massive bloom effects when playing? I get relatively decent frame rates, but the bloom is just obscuring a lot of things, then the screen will randomly go black during gameplay and I can't see anything. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also that link that explains how to create a save file is in a different language so I can't even follow it right. Is there an English tutorial somewhere?

TheBee

(09-07-2010, 11:22 AM)hdickson Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that mamario's recent build releases are a bit slower than the old ones for this games i think; tried the game in build r6156 and got better results than in r6188, or dunno.

So, whats the best build for Metroid? (From mamario, lectrode, 2.0, etc)

You talk like mamario's the one who makes the revs. These guys just compile the builds, so it doesn't matter from who you get it I guess.

Also, I can play just fine. I don't get the dark screens in cutscenes, the game runs ok most of the time, no blur, sound's just fine, etc. Instead, what I get is a huge black square in the upper left portion of the screen:
[Image: e02vjr.jpg]
(Don't ask me how did I get this far playing like this.)

I get this error in any rev, from 4700 to the most recent one. I'm using 4728 because the error happens in all recent ones and 4728 is faster. So don't tell me to use a more recent build.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41