Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Last Story PAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I too have been trying the hashless build but it's still much slower with EFB to RAM. What should be the benefit from the build? I assumed that EFB to RAM would be much faster then the normal 3.0 so you wouldn't need to switch.
But still EFB to RAM is a whole lot slower for me. So I'd rather use Lectrode's latest ICC build and switch from time to time.

Also, the FPS in FMVs is horrid for me as well like Toki23. And fiddling with the sound options doesn't work for me.
(08-14-2012, 05:53 AM)Crowmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I assumed that EFB to RAM would be much faster then the normal 3.0 so you wouldn't need to switch.

Hashless builds have EFB to RAM accuracy with EFB to Texture speed but it doesn't mean they're faster than Dolphin 3.0
Hm to me the speed is the same on Lectrode's ICC build and the Hashless build. I'm right before the castle after the Tiger Boss in chapter 2.
18 FPS (37 VPS) with EFB to RAM on both builds. Both builds give me about 24 FPS (~50 VPS) with EFB to Textures. (i5 2500 (not k), GTX 560 TI)

Any help on the FMV problem? I don't understand why playing a fully rendered film would not give me 30 FPS.
Read the thread.
I've answered this question multiple times already, and the answer you're looking for is literally on the previous page(s).
(08-14-2012, 07:45 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Read the thread.
I've answered this question multiple times already, and the answer you're looking for is literally on the previous page(s).

If you're refering to the FMV slowdown, I can't find anything about that in the last 8 pages. Only Toki23 mentioned it but he couldn't find a workaround either.
Tetraforce Wrote:...
However, when there are video cutscenes, it suddenly drops to 14-15FPS. I'm currently at Chapter 2 and there is a long video cutscene there, it's really slow.

Tetraforce Wrote:
Quote:Anyhow, you can use the build you're using now, in combination with build 6505 (SSE42, 64-bit) by Lectrode.
I tried that build and the video runs perfectly! Thank you!
So try out build 6505 (SSE42, 64-bit) by Lectrode and let us know if it does the same for you.
(08-14-2012, 08:34 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Tetraforce Wrote:...
However, when there are video cutscenes, it suddenly drops to 14-15FPS. I'm currently at Chapter 2 and there is a long video cutscene there, it's really slow.

Tetraforce Wrote:
Quote:Anyhow, you can use the build you're using now, in combination with build 6505 (SSE42, 64-bit) by Lectrode.
I tried that build and the video runs perfectly! Thank you!
So try out build 6505 (SSE42, 64-bit) by Lectrode and let us know if it does the same for you.

Excellent! Much better, thanks a lot. I think I'll stick to the 6505 build. The framerate is perfect, I full 100% emulation speed. Yes I suppose it will be more unstable, but I can always switch for a scene or two.

I couldn't find it because I searched for "FMV" in stead of "video". My bad Wink
can i play this game full speed?
Nope, no way. The Last Story needs an overclocked (4.2 or even 4.4GHz) Core i5-3570k to run @ fullspeed with LLE (or nearly at full speed). This game is one of the most demanding games (even for the Wii!!)

Anyway, the game would be playable Wink
The Last Story doesn't need LLE back end . If you run it with LLE , even an i7 3770k @ 5.0GHz won't be enough