Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Last Story PAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-26-2012, 11:21 AM)torpet Wrote: [ -> ]Hello IcemanSR, good work, I just tried The Last Story and it works fine on my rig, although there are a few framedrops in battles. DirectX 9 helps to improve performance.

Does the texture bug exist for all backends, be it DX11, DX9 and OpenGL? So I would have to enable "Copy EFB to RAM" no matter which one I use?

I would like to create an Xbox360 button set, but it seems I can't get texture dumping to work. Any idea why that might be?

For all people having problems with Iceman's build not responding, for some reason the Game path setting was jumbled, just edit it to look something like that:

Code:
[General]
LastFilename = E:\Games\Wii/The Last Story/The Last Story.iso
GCMPathes = 1
GCMPath0 = E:\Games\Wii
RecursiveGCMPaths = True

Thanks,
torpet

Where do I go to change that?

torpet

(02-26-2012, 11:39 AM)requiem3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2012, 11:21 AM)torpet Wrote: [ -> ]Hello IcemanSR, good work, I just tried The Last Story and it works fine on my rig, although there are a few framedrops in battles. DirectX 9 helps to improve performance.

Does the texture bug exist for all backends, be it DX11, DX9 and OpenGL? So I would have to enable "Copy EFB to RAM" no matter which one I use?

I would like to create an Xbox360 button set, but it seems I can't get texture dumping to work. Any idea why that might be?

For all people having problems with Iceman's build not responding, for some reason the Game path setting was jumbled, just edit it to look something like that:

Code:
[General]
LastFilename = E:\Games\Wii/The Last Story/The Last Story.iso
GCMPathes = 1
GCMPath0 = E:\Games\Wii
RecursiveGCMPaths = True

Thanks,
torpet

Where do I go to change that?

Ah yeah right: User/Config/Dolphin.ini

Yes HLE will hang for sure.There is nothing i can do about it.its just ...broken badly,JIT fifo hang is fixed for this game in build but hle no..
LLE is required but as i said it works pretty damn fast for LLE
But at least 3.4ghz is a must quad ddr3 could help too.

Link to build is now under my SIG
it contains updated dolphin ini with instruction from @torpet
Hmm I'm having a similar experience to kenshee, with your build(Iceman) when I switch to direct3D9 and HLE, the game runs much smoother(by atleast 5 frames) compared to all the other dolphin versions I've tested. The OpenGL and LLE work very poorly for me, I have pretty bad framerate(sub 20 most of the time) and the audio is very stuttery.

I tested it out with the forest beast battle, and your build is the only one where I was able to go through the entire thing without any freeze(this was with 3d9 and hle though). I'm also able to watch cutscenes with audio and video in sync. I'm not sure what you did to improve this since I'm not even using opengl or LLE.

I look forward to any other updates you may provide because yours is currently the only build that allows this game to be playable for me, thank you very much.

For reference my comp stats:
CPU: intel dual core e7300 2.8Ghz overclocked to 3.6Ghz
GPU: radeon hd 4870 factory overclocked
I am glad its working for you requiem3 please do post if you experience hang in hle,lle most definitely won't hang and its being optimized to work fast so is JIT.

I have added second build to folder in my sig.
I must say haven't tested it yet.But it has cleaned and optimized code and it also includes my old patches for Monster hunter 3 and others...
code name:last story hacked Fifo busy MH3 LLE JIT x64 Optimized Untested
If anyone is kind to test.

So far tested and confirmed working build is:last story hacked LLE JIT x64.rar

both are under my sig

P.S
i still suggest LLE to be used.As i tried few times and hle still hang when fifo is overflown

Happy gaming!
@IcemanSR
Thanks for your build now I can play this game more smooth (even with using LLE sound plugin) than r6505 lectrode build. It's very stable too, no random crash so far Big Grin

btw, i have question for your untested build.
Is it give more speed ? or more stable ?
I haven't test it yet Tongue

I tested both builds from the beginning to the first cutscene. The original build (last story hacked LLE JIT x64) when loading the game would cause the screen to flash to yellow or blue for a few seconds before starting up. There was also about a 0.5s lag with sound effects. However, the cutscene seemed to sync up fine (as far as I could tell, I don't that that there is lipsyncing done to match the English dub). I had full 30fps the entire time.

The second build fixes these issues, and is just as stable. I didn't run into any more issues with this build. The only small thing that was off was that some text was cut off on Zael's status screen (I'll have to boot up the game on Wii later to see why this might be). However, this is very minor.

Both builds offer a huge speed improvement over any other build I have tried. Before these, I would average 20fps, but I now average 32fps (with frame limiting off). This is with 16xAF and 3xIR. My cpu is an i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz, so even with this build, much processing power is necessary to play without the missing textures (EFB copy to RAM) and at full speed.

I didn't play very far into the game, so I cannot vouch for stability. However, for the record, I usually experienced a crash sometime before the first cutscene with other builds, so these are definitely more stable.
I tried everything but the game still locks up

and goes at 0 fps
Yes framelimmit OFF is best way to go
Only Audio Throttle ON

For gameplay i would say ,stay on tested build
Untested seems to have some problems still.i also removed it from download list.
Will check it later today ,
Game is stable and no crashes/hangups that was the point of this

Texture to ram are bit heavy on game thou,that's only thing that's slowing a lot for the moment
set to ram and in game change to texture (dx plugin) is only way to massively boost the game
Iceman, Jumbofiles link for untested build is gone.
Please reup. I want to compare it with your original build.Big Grin

Update:
Read previous post.