Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Last Story PAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thelastshens

(03-01-2012, 06:47 PM)soulbadguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 11:07 AM)Spideyknight Wrote: [ -> ]I tested yours soul and there is no freezing and the graphics are decent. The only thing wrong after about an hour of play is that you still have the blur every now and then, though it clears up pretty quick. Also during cutscenes in the town(and not all of them) the background music skips. The voices are fine, but the background skips. Not sure if LLE would fix that or not, it did for Xenoblade. Did you encounter the same issues?

Spidyknigh, unfortunately i can get rid of that blur effect, however it's not that bad, as you said it clears up quickly.
About the cut scenes , only the first 2 have skipping sound, the rest are normal.
About the quick save issue, well yes sometimes it corrupts but as soon as it corrupts you can always save in the nearest save point and restart dolphin and load from the last save.

Thanks for this build soulbadguy. It has worked the best out of all the ones previously posted here.

I am having trouble with the skipping audio on more than the first two cut scenes. The two that I am having trouble with, on the most recent test I ran, are the cut scene after the battle with the tiger in the forest and the next cut scene that starts when you enter town.

Is there any other settings I could try? I followed your screenshots initially.
(03-01-2012, 06:47 PM)soulbadguy Wrote: [ -> ]Try this one:

http://jumbofiles.com/0rofwxvo1ldg/R6284....1.7z.html

Use these settings:

http://jumbofiles.com/wf51j6oncp9j/Settings.jpg.html

Although dont expect 30 FPS if you have low specification pc.

Thx for the build and settings will test and get back to you , the pc can handle it i5@3.33/470gtx/4gb ddr3 1333

Edit : Well sorry to say but this build is weaker in fps than lectrode's build,at least for me,but at least it let me beat the lesser shade(what a pain in the ass boss)as lectrode build would hang the game after defeating it so tnx but gonna stick with lectrode's 6505

Lectrode in town 15-20 fps
This build in town 10-15 fps
Lectrode roaming 25-32 fps
This build 22-27-30 fps
Lectrode fighting 15-32 fps
This build fighting 11-28-30 fps

This is just my personal comparison maybe other people get other fps ratings,this was tested on the 32 build
gonna try it on the other pc with the 64 build see how it behaves later,cheers!
(03-01-2012, 09:23 AM)soulbadguy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys

Finally The last story full speed no sound problems, nice graphics and no freez.

http://jumbofiles.com/0qldoml3uw3o/R6284....1.7z.html

Note, use the following settings:

This worked for me , please tell me if it worked for you.

------------------------------------------------------------
My pc specifications:

Nvidia Geforce GTX 295
Core i7 950
Creative X-Fi
MB Gigabyte G1 Assassin
6 GB DDR3 1600 Tripple channel
WD 1 TB Black Edition

Thanks, it's working
(03-01-2012, 05:41 PM)pakistexican88x Wrote: [ -> ]muh. I have a 2500k and my computer won't even get past the Windows splash screen if i put it higher than 4.3.

What is the voltage setting you put on the board.
I have the offset setting at +0.015 with 1.375 volts on full load for my cpu
(03-01-2012, 06:58 PM)thelastshens Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 06:47 PM)soulbadguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 11:07 AM)Spideyknight Wrote: [ -> ]I tested yours soul and there is no freezing and the graphics are decent. The only thing wrong after about an hour of play is that you still have the blur every now and then, though it clears up pretty quick. Also during cutscenes in the town(and not all of them) the background music skips. The voices are fine, but the background skips. Not sure if LLE would fix that or not, it did for Xenoblade. Did you encounter the same issues?

Spidyknigh, unfortunately i can get rid of that blur effect, however it's not that bad, as you said it clears up quickly.
About the cut scenes , only the first 2 have skipping sound, the rest are normal.
About the quick save issue, well yes sometimes it corrupts but as soon as it corrupts you can always save in the nearest save point and restart dolphin and load from the last save.

Thanks for this build soulbadguy. It has worked the best out of all the ones previously posted here.

I am having trouble with the skipping audio on more than the first two cut scenes. The two that I am having trouble with, on the most recent test I ran, are the cut scene after the battle with the tiger in the forest and the next cut scene that starts when you enter town.

Is there any other settings I could try? I followed your screenshots initially.

Unfortunately no other setting will solve this problem, it's just a few cut scene, it won't affect game play or story.
what bothers me is that the alt+ enter sometimes doesn't work similar to the quick save.
Also sometimes there is a delay in sound due to the low FPS (21 fps), and some blur issues which can be minimized by setting the safe texture cache to normal instead of fast (but will lose 2-3 fps).
Enabling "accurate vbeam emulation" increases game speed up to 30% but completely messes up sound in cinematics if using hle sound.If using LLE sound you get free boost with no problems for free Smile

Juakin

(03-02-2012, 12:11 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]Enabling "accurate vbeam emulation" increases game speed up to 30% but completely messes up sound in cinematics if using hle sound.If using LLE sound you get free boost with no problems for free Smile

Where is that option?
Quote:Hi Guys

Finally The last story full speed no sound problems, nice graphics and no freez.

http://jumbofiles.com/0qldoml3uw3o/R6284....1.7z.html

Note, use the following settings:

This worked for me , please tell me if it worked for you.
Game freezes in the same place that in Iceman's build (37 chapter first elevator when it should load game), speed it's a little worse that in Lectrode's build.

Grave

Hi guys
After reading all threads/post about configuring "The Last Story" and downloading, and configuring various builds/revisions I GOT Really annoyed!!
I have Core 2 quad 9400 (2.66 Ghz), 2x2 gb Ram , GeForce GTX260 (Win 7 x64) and yet My fps is 9-15!! (although there's no problem with grathical part).
Is there something that i am missing ? The only thing that i change in every "dolphin" is fullscreen mode (1400x900).
Could any one help me ?
Thanks in advance
p.s. probably low fps is also cause of glitches in cinematics ?
(03-02-2012, 02:54 AM)Grave Wrote: [ -> ]I have Core 2 quad 9400 (2.66 Ghz), 2x2 gb Ram , GeForce GTX260 (Win 7 x64) and yet My fps is 9-15!!

Your CPU is too slow because dolphin uses 2 core + 1 for LLE (LLE back-end is much slower than HLE back-end) . Overclocking may help