Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0-321 Lag on Netplay Game Launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(11-25-2016, 06:58 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Though just one question about the memory card sharing: I guess it will be the easiest to just have a Dolphin Netplay folder with portable.txt, set all settings and set one memory card and then just send my friend that whole Dolphin folder...

Yes, that should work.

(11-25-2016, 06:58 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]but after that, do we still have to copy over the memory card from me to him after every game session or something? Or is that then done automatically by the "Write to memcards/SD" setting?

If write to memcards is off, you don't need to copy anything after each game session, because the memory cards will remain identical to their original states. If write to memcards is on, I think you still wouldn't need to copy anything since any changes would be saved to all player's memory cards assuming that you never play on your own or netplay with anyone else, but I can't guarantee it.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking: It would just be the two of us playing and I'd want games to get saved without us fiddling around with files. If that option did that it would be perfect Smile
(11-25-2016, 07:22 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that's what I'm thinking: It would just be the two of us playing and I'd want games to get saved without us fiddling around with files. If that option did that it would be perfect Smile

The option doesn't sync memory cards. It only lets you disable writing to memory cards, which is great for avoiding desyncs but doesn't let you save any progress.
Oh, ok. Soooo, then I disable it and after every session I (being the host) send my memory card to my friend? Or is it just not possible to use a saved game on netplay?
(11-25-2016, 07:40 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Soooo, then I disable it and after every session I (being the host) send my memory card to my friend?

If you want progress to be saved, write to memcards must be turned on. I'm not sure if you need to sync memory cards with your friend manually.

(11-25-2016, 07:40 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Or is it just not possible to use a saved game on netplay?

It's very much possible for GameCube games, but not for Wii games.
Alright, I'm just gonna try ^_^
Thanks!
[Moved]
So there was actually only an issue with one game?
(11-25-2016, 04:50 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]So there was actually only an issue with one game?

I haven't tested with any other games... I could if that would help at all...
No, I'm just assuming because that commit only altered the ini for Smash (which is a game, right?). So it shouldn't effect any other game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7