Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0-321 Lag on Netplay Game Launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(08-11-2016, 01:02 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin didn't touch anything regarding it; those stutters are from your computer outside of Dolphin.

What I don't understand is how I can locally run melee in Dolphin 5.0-321 perfectly fine. Literally no issue, it's flawless. But for some reason, I can't play it in netplay of 5.0-321. This defies all logic to me. Perhaps you know something I don't?
Any information appreciated!
I know dolphin has to default to a slower dual core in netplay, but I don't know what else.
(08-13-2016, 09:09 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I know dolphin has to default to a slower dual core in netplay, but I don't know what else.

I have a quad core with 3.00 GHz each. This should be enough to run netplay, right?
GHZ isn't the only thing that matters. Amd is generally worse than intel. Here is our cpus. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-31...-II-X4-640
Forcing netplay dual core gets me ~48 fps in fountain of dreams. (tested before a revision that apparently caused a small performance decrease for accuracy?)
(08-14-2016, 10:41 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]GHZ isn't the only thing that matters. Amd is generally worse than intel. Here is our cpus. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-31...-II-X4-640
Forcing netplay dual core gets me ~48 fps in fountain of dreams. (tested before a revision that apparently caused a small performance decrease for accuracy?)

I can run FOD 60 FPS no problems. Is Dolphin more GPU intensive or CPU?
Dolphin is way more CPU intensive. (Unless you bump the internal resolution to 8x Wii and 8 SSAA, in which case home you have a titan x)
(08-11-2016, 01:02 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin didn't touch anything regarding it; those stutters are from your computer outside of Dolphin.

So jra64 actually contacted me about this issue. 99% of the time it's because the player is still trying to use the old buffer calculations and as soon as they use higher buffer values, their problem is fixed. So I ended up testing with this guy and put the buffer to 200 and no matter what it wouldn't stop stuttering. I honestly don't have any other ideas of what the problem could be. On stock settings it won't run netplay. If it's true that -7840 runs perfectly fine and it's only 5.0, then maybe there's something more going on.
(08-14-2016, 11:40 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is way more CPU intensive. (Unless you bump the internal resolution to 8x Wii and 8 SSAA, in which case home you have a titan x)

Does Dolphin use significantly more resources during netplay? Because my CPU can run it locally no problem at all. Even in an empty netplay lobby it works fine, it's only when connecting to someone else. Does Dolphin 5.0 require more resources (internet, graphics card, cpu)? What is the difference between 5.0 and 7840...
No one is going to know what is wrong (or care about this like a valid issue) unless you do what was asked and needed to identify your issue.

(08-10-2016, 04:45 PM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]There was one update that caused netplay to require 2 times the buffer size, for the same buffer/lag compensation.

If you really think there's an issue here, please find out which version exactly changes this. Always test the version in the middle between good and bad, and you'll quickly find the which version changes the behavior.
(08-15-2016, 05:13 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]No one is going to know what is wrong (or care about this like a valid issue) unless you do what was asked and needed to identify your issue.

Leolam, I've already tried this... I raised the buffer to 200 (as TruckJitsu has posted). Also, I know the exact version it's 5.0, 7840 worked perfectly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7