Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Correct aspect ratio option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(07-21-2015, 07:11 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2015, 02:09 PM)Smashbro29 Wrote: [ -> ]My man! Good stuff. Though I have no idea how test builds work. I gotta build it myself or something?

Yes, but it shouldn't be very difficult. If you have Visual Studio 13 already, it pretty much builds itself.

Are there directions? What exactly do I do?
Just google "Building Dolphin for [Windows/OSX/Linux]"
There are building directions on the github wiki and on dolphin's main wiki. Big Grin
(07-21-2015, 03:26 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]the emulator is trying to emulate the console.
That's plain wrong, if that was so you should start by getting rid of the enhancement tab, sorry second, just after getting rid of the CPU Overclock tab.
Dolphin has always benefited from out of the norm enhancements like the recent Mario Sunshine or Sonic Colors in 60fps that easily gets into videogame news and help bring momentum to the developing community.

(07-21-2015, 03:26 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]I was informing you of the current development position on the use of per-game hacks
Define "hack"; specific code for certain games? Welcome to HLE (High-Level *emulation*). It sounds cynical at this point to ignore specific game fixes *cough*cough* sorry "hacks". I never said Dolphin wasn't doing what was supposed to do, nor a real GameCube wouldn't render the graphics squashed. What I'm saying is that game developers got it wrong (FYI they are humans, they can fail too... just so you know). Again, it's hypocritical to have enhanced graphic options (resolution, AA, anisotropic...), but we don't have any kind of choice when it comes to the rasterized render (AR, Scaling algo, etc) except for some artsy shaders. For one part you don't care about purism (AA or resolution increase at the expense of some effects/bugs), and on the other hand you raise your hands to your head because we want AN OPTION to fix aspect ratio issues on some games. Some screenshots, like the ones I posted (did you care to check?) don't admit any doubts. StarFox Assault planets are supposed to be round, by fixing this the crosshair becomes perfectly square and everything makes sense. Wind Waker, fixing it the rupee is not skewed anymore, lens flares are now perfect circles, the PAD buttons at top-right are now round too, map at bottom-left becomes perfect square... and again everything looks better all around...  now go ahead and try to dismiss every other post in this thread without actually opening a game in Dolphin. Again, there's no discussion that some games are not geometry correct (never ever said emulated incorrectly as a real GC would), it's a matter of how to find the correct PAR fix what we should be arguing.

(07-21-2015, 03:26 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]As for the um.... manner of your post - throughout your post you belittled me, insulted me, dismissed everything I said, and tried to push me out of the discussion. I am a moderator, and that kind of behavior is not tolerated. If you talk to anyone like that again, there will be consequences
If you ever threaten me like that again I will actually insult you for real. I couldn't care less if you are a moderator, moderators also DO FAIL (if it wasn't clear, you are also humans you know...). Ohhh, I didn't realise, you have warned me already :) Ok, bitchy, hope you get slapped to death for being such a filthy whore. Your time should be better spent on blowjobs than in front of a PC (no wait girls only use Macs), bitches like you only understand orders (as you have shown on the ignorance of the matter). Go burn in hell with your iMac and your iPhone, from there you can report this to your twitter/facebook/instagram/G+/your ass, personality ZERO. Fuck off slut.
Ok, we're done here with you phbgjf.
Wow, okay then, back to being constructive.  

I have implemented a pretty comprehensive math based systemwide fix in my fork of dolphin here, by adding options to emulate analog TV aspect ratos.  If you guys could help by building and testing it with different games and settings, that'd be great.  I've also created a pull request, so if you want to talk about the actual coding of the solution, check that out.  
As soon as I figure out how to build it I'll test it. Right now I'm running into a few issues.

http://i.imgur.com/uhx0f11.png
(07-22-2015, 11:39 AM)Smashbro29 Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as I figure out how to build it I'll test it. Right now I'm running into a few issues.

QTDIR error can be ignored, it's needed only if you want to build the work-in-progress Qt GUI some people are working. And about your other errors, there may be something wrong with your GIT install. Check if it's in your path (e.g. you can call git from any folder when running a terminal command)...
(07-22-2015, 12:41 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2015, 11:39 AM)Smashbro29 Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as I figure out how to build it I'll test it. Right now I'm running into a few issues.

QTDIR error can be ignored, it's needed only if you want to build the work-in-progress Qt GUI some people are working. And about your other errors, there may be something wrong with your GIT install. Check if it's in your path (e.g. you can call git from any folder when running a terminal command)...
Yeah I fixed it on my own, this looks great. But for some reason the performance on this build is awful. Like lucky if I hit 15 fps awful.
Would it be possible for analog (wide) to display things correctly and still render the game to the whole screen?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17