Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to play without fps drop or stutter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I just wanted to give a quick update to my problem. I believe that I have figured out my main problem. Originally, I had Dolphin along with all my games stored on a Western Digital Passport Ultra external HDD. It is USB 3.0 so I didnt think it would be a problem playing Dolphin off of it. Well today I moved everything over to my main HDD with all my steam games on it. Lo and behold all my random fps drops seemed to disappear quite entirely. Before if I sailed or opened any chests on WW I would always have a fps drop.

I have only played a couple games so far but everything seems to be playing perfectly! I will give another update if this doesnt seem to be completely fixed. Thanks again to everyones suggestions!
That's great to hear! I had asked you about hard drive but you had told me you had an SSD so I never gave it second thought. I have the problem less and less as I play the games more, so I'm happy with how things are working too.
Yep your correct there I do have a SSD but thats where my shader cache was located not my main Dolphin location. I figured since the shader cache seemed to be the more likely problem I moved it there for faster loading.
(10-10-2014, 10:19 AM)Saint Chewy Wrote: [ -> ]Yep your correct there I do have a SSD but thats where my shader cache was located not my main Dolphin location. I figured since the shader cache seemed to be the more likely problem I moved it there for faster loading.

Makes sense. It now sounds like the game image should also be in a reasonably fast drive to avoid stutter. That's really useful to know.
Saint Chewy: SSD disk dont improve shaders stuff, has no sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7