Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to play without fps drop or stutter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It leaves in the D3D9 backend (the master branch removed it because its existence prevented tonnes of accuracy fixes) and tries to incorporate any changes made to Dolphin that aren't incompatible with D3D9. D3D9 was the fastest backend and didn't have the same shadercache issues. You might find everything's horribly broken in that branch, but it might be a nicer experience overall, depending on how you define nicer.
(09-27-2014, 07:01 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]It leaves in the D3D9 backend (the master branch removed it because its existence prevented tonnes of accuracy fixes) and tries to incorporate any changes made to Dolphin that aren't incompatible with D3D9. D3D9 was the fastest backend and didn't have the same shadercache issues. You might find everything's horribly broken in that branch, but it might be a nicer experience overall, depending on how you define nicer.

AnyOldName3: horribly broken in that branch ?? Obviusly you never test this version.
Ishiruka is UNOFFICIAL Dolphin version DX11/9/GL with nice features an teh core with master is merged all time.
There no issues in regression.

2) D3D9 was the fastest backend and didn't have the same shadercache issues THAT IS FALSE

3) You can test DX11 in this branch if you want before blame it.

4) Is easy speak about a version that you dont know.

Please test before opine.

(09-27-2014, 06:51 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly does it do?

Avoid the slowdowns because shaders compilation. You can test fzero for example and see the difference. There is a videos in the post
I found that when I went to my Nvidia control panel and enable all time full power (or something like that) most of my stuttering issues disappeared. Im running 4670K @ 4.3 and GTX 660 (actually SLI 660 but that doesnt count Smile)
(09-30-2014, 10:16 AM)ZL580 Wrote: [ -> ]I found that when I went to my Nvidia control panel and enable all time full power (or something like that) most of my stuttering issues disappeared. Im running 4670K @ 4.3 and GTX 660 (actually SLI 660 but that doesnt count Smile)

I have actually have already done that. It did help but not completely. My problem is that it seems that Dolphin just cannot run at full speed all the time which causes the random stutters.
Oh well, it is after all an emulator. I don't think you can be upset that its not perfect. It must have something to do with ur processor, as my 4670k @ 4.3 is a bit faster than ur 2500k @ 4.4. You gotta push that puppy up to 5.0 and try again.

Have you tried a fresh install?
Yours is more than just a bit faster. He'd need to be at 5.6 GHz before they'd match in Dolphin, and that's making the assumption that performance would scale linearly at that frequency, which it wouldn't.
Sound like its cruising along fine then needs a spike in processing power, maybe you just need more horsepower?

PM me if u want a sweet deal on my lightly used i5 and Extreme4 Mobo (My PC never gets used...and Im getting married...)
(10-01-2014, 01:08 PM)ZL580 Wrote: [ -> ]Sound like its cruising along fine then needs a spike in processing power, maybe you just need more horsepower?

PM me if u want a sweet deal on my lightly used i5 and Extreme4 Mobo (My PC never gets used...and Im getting married...)

Maybe thats what it is. Maybe my old 2500k is starting to show its age. Since you have a Haswell chip can you confirm that you do not get any of these 'lag spikes?' Because I have had my eye on a 4690k for quite some time and maybe thats just what I need to play Dolphin perfectly
I wish I could tell you with exact certainty. BTW I run a 4670k not a 4690k. I mostly play smash brothers or mario galaxy 2 for like 15 minutes at a time.... The games do play great after the initial start cache effects., for example when u start a match in smash brothers melee and your guy appears with like shimmer/sparkle effects. After the players appear and any fight after that the game is butter.

I used to run an A10 6800K O/C'd to 4.8ghz. I S you not, I got nearly double the frames upgrading to this 4670k and overclocking to 4.3Ghz.

Let me know if your interested.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7