Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to play without fps drop or stutter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chewey:

One thing I noticed today you might want to check, if you haven't done this already. I was getting significant stutter in Soul Calibur II and changed the internal resolution to "Auto Window Size", and this made it go away. The sad thing is that during the stutter before I made the change, the processor load never exceeded 60-65% and about half that on the GPU so it's not like it couldn't handle the resolution, but oh well.

Now this is not the solution to my problems because I then switched to Tatsunoko vs Capcom and the game had very heavy stutter, specially when doing the special moves, but it's something worth trying.

Good luck
Hi, Chewey.

Did you ever get any traction on this or do you still have the problems?
No I didnt. Every game I play with no matter the settings, I still get the quick random fps drop with the audio stutter. I have even upgraded Dolphin to revision 4.0-3334 hoping that one of the new versions would have fixed it. Nothing changes. Oh well I am not sure if Ill ever get this fixed. But thank you for your help and advice!
Not sure I helped you much but it's too bad that happens with your amazing specs. Most games I've tried the stutter goes away after new textures are cached. The worst one is still Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I kind of gave up on it too. I've redirected my efforts into incorporating some GCN/Wii games into my Steam installation to launch through Big Picture mode, which works really well. I'm mostly adding games that are suitable for controlling with the x360 controller.

Anyway, enough off-topic.

I hope this works out for you sometime.
In Dolphin his CPU is beaten by even the cheapest Haswell i3, so not everyone will have quite as bad stutter.
(09-26-2014, 12:48 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]In Dolphin his CPU is beaten by even the cheapest Haswell i3, so not everyone will have quite as bad stutter.

You are referring to my i5 2500k correct? Sandy Bridge cpus still run great along side the newer cpus. Ive been looking into upgrading but all the benchmarks dont justify the expense
You should take a look at Dolphin´s.
In Dolphin, Haswell is easily 30%+ faster than Sandy Bridge. When talking about Dolphin, only benchmarks that actually use Dolphin are accurate enough to base purchasing decisions on. Dolphin isn't Cinebench or Passmark, or anything like those programs, so these benchmarks aren't going to accurately capture how certain hardware will perform in Dolphin.
People that like to play avoiding shader compilation slowdowns in DX11 can try with this UNOFFICIAL version https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ka-dolphin.
What exactly does it do?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7