Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Resident Evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

silentservice

(08-26-2014, 06:05 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest development build first and then older builds to see if they fix it, also try jitil cpu engine in case it is a jit issue.
Hi and thank you very much for your reply. I tested it down to Dolphin 2.0 exact with the same result - no collar.
I also tested it with switching to JTTL in all combinations - no collar. I also have tried compiler but the game isn't playabel
it's running with 1-2 fps. For the whole testing I've used my Savegames from the MemoryCard.

With the latest build I've played the game from the beginning - same result no collar.

Could cause a external software such a problem maybe avira or is this program internal?

silentservice

(08-27-2014, 09:24 AM)silentservice Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2014, 06:05 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest development build first and then older builds to see if they fix it, also try jitil cpu engine in case it is a jit issue.

Does anybody else have a hint for me to solve this issue or do I have to wait for a newer release?
Hi and thank you very much for your reply. I tested it down to Dolphin 2.0 exact with the same result - no collar.
I also tested it with switching to JTTL in all combinations - no collar. I also have tried compiler but the game isn't playabel
it's running with 1-2 fps. For the whole testing I've used my Savegames from the MemoryCard.

With the latest build I've played the game from the beginning - same result no collar.

Could cause a external software such a problem maybe avira or is this program internal?
(09-01-2014, 10:02 AM)silentservice Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2014, 09:24 AM)silentservice Wrote: [ -> ]

Does anybody else have a hint for me to solve this issue or do I have to wait for a newer release?

Try posting an issue about it in google code, i am afraid those were the only things i could suggest, if others also experience it and it is a valid bug if you post it there some dev might look into it eventually. Don't forget to post an ingame save for easy access to the spot.

dUsky25

Currently using version 4.0-3325 x64, and I've got the weirdest bug... I can't seem to move objects! What I mean by that is when you have to move the big drawer to get the key, by the statue. And all other objects as well that you have to move to solve a puzzle. Essentially a game-breaking bug. I've tried RE: Zero, and it worked flawlessly. But for some reason, RE is not working. Everything else is fine, no graphical glitches or sound glitches, good performance, etc. But I can't move objects. Very odd...

Any tips or suggestion as to what setting might cause this? Would be very appreciated.

Yadalla Prime

I've recently been able to build a new rig with an OC'd EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 770 2GB DDR5 RAM, Intel i7 3.6 clocked up to 4.1, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, and Windows 7 Professional (among other items).

Since I would consider my rig about as close to the top in regards of being able to run the various GC games on Dolphin, I'm mainly interested in RE0, RE1, and RE:CVX. Disregarding the latter, I've tried a variety of configurations to try and optimize the visuals for a specific part of the RE0 and RE1 games and that is the pre-rendered background environments. It could be my 1920x1080 monitor plus boosting native internal resolution to 4x but I feel as though the emulator (version 4.0.2) isn't at fault and I just may be highly critical of something I was so fond of (the level of detail in those pre-rendered environments).

Nonetheless, I wanted anyone's opinion running a similar top of the line rig who knows enough about those backgrounds since they are not simply sprites but rather contain real time movement and ambient objects what you would suggest to maximize the sharpness of those backgrounds. Anisotropic filtering 16x, Internal Resolution 4x, Anti-Aliasing at the top of 8 samples, force texture filtering, and scaled EFB copy.

Any and all advice is much appreciated. I looked through the thread and didn't notice a part about the particularity of this aspect of the game. Here's a picture of the dining area in front of the typewriter. Notice the "fuzziness" on the table and background? It just doesn't look as beautiful as when I first saw it about 10 years ago.
There's really nothing you can do to improve the quality of the pre-rendered backgrounds. Unlike the 3D models like characters and certain objects, those pre-rendered backgrounds don't gain anything from being upscaled in the higher framebuffer resolutions. It's like taking a jpeg image and stretching it, that's all you're gonna get with it. Even if you look at the screenshots of the upcoming REMake REMaster that Capcom is doing, they tried to make the backgrounds look better but really, 90% of it looks the same, with the remaining 10% being like sharpness filters and other bogus tweaks that really don't change the underlying resolution and clarity of those images.

To sum things up: there's nothing you can do to increase the background quality.

Yadalla Prime

(10-09-2014, 03:27 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]There's really nothing you can do to improve the quality of the pre-rendered backgrounds. Unlike the 3D models like characters and certain objects, those pre-rendered backgrounds don't gain anything from being upscaled in the higher framebuffer resolutions. It's like taking a jpeg image and stretching it, that's all you're gonna get with it. Even if you look at the screenshots of the upcoming REMake REMaster that Capcom is doing, they tried to make the backgrounds look better but really, 90% of it looks the same, with the remaining 10% being like sharpness filters and other bogus tweaks that really don't change the underlying resolution and clarity of those images.

To sum things up: there's nothing you can do to increase the background quality.

I didn't consider it simply for the animated portions of the backgrounds that are prefixed. I imagine then all you could do is really rewrite the game on a better platform with the same gameplay, but I'm no game developer (as I'm certain you've surmised by now) so I'll leave it up to CAPCOM to keep creating "fun" games that do not satisfy what is left for me in gaming and that is genres like Survival Horror or very particular strategy games. I haven't bought a console in 8 years and the PS3 worst price per quality ratio console I've ever encountered.

Anyways, thanks for the input.
RE: Remake running slow in recent dev builds for anyone else? I tested it out and was getting little over half speed even after turning down settings.

Edit: I should specify only under OpenGL is the speed regression present, tested DX11 and the game was running full speed.
(11-01-2014, 11:04 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]RE: Remake running slow in recent dev builds for anyone else? I tested it out and was getting little over half speed even after turning down settings.

Edit: I should specify only under OpenGL is the speed regression present, tested DX11 and the game was running full speed.

It is probably due to bounding box option being removed and enabled in every game. Resident evil took a hit but with no obvious benefits and they are searching for alternatives including reverting to how it was.
Yeah, the game uses bounding box erroneously. That makes our life hard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11