Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Resident Evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I am pretty sure I remember that camera change thing causing a noticeable pause on actual console hardware too. Interesting.

Anyway, the reason I came here was to say that on the latest dev builds, the game is halting after the intro cutscene ends, just before the protagonists enter the mansion. Freezes on a black screen with the CPU render thread at full load.
Resident Evil's main hall/first floor of the mansion crashes Dolphin. Starting a new game will crash right after the intro cut-scene, and loading a save file and then going to the first floor will also crash.

The issue starts in Dolphin build 5.0-3981, 3977 was the last version to not have this crash.
The crash issue is gone but I've lost a ton of performance in this particular game. I used to get approx 100 fps average, now I am getting 80. Strange thing is, prior to the crash regression, there were no known bugs for this game. Performance lost for nothing.
I had to set XFBToTextureEnable to False otherwise the game is not displayed (black image).
(04-21-2019, 01:27 PM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]I had to set XFBToTextureEnable to False otherwise the game is not displayed (black image).

Ran to the same issue as you and same fix solved it. I just added it to the wiki, thanks for sharing your solution !
Btw bissecting is still needed to identify the first build affected...

LaughingMan008

I understand there is some sort of process to convert Action Replay codes between different game versions. I saw it in a couple other threads on here. I was wondering if anybody would be able to convert these codes from the PAL/European edition of the game to the NTSC/American version.

Save Anywhere
Press A + X

GQ0U-8MHD-VY048
1T05-J6A0-GV0CN
WAGH-CRQP-XJRWQ
7YXW-ZZNU-FB3TA
QTNC-KRZN-WYCRC
6PDX-QW9F-3A81D
Q95J-ZKBE-7YJ75
U4ZZ-1XAG-WFH3W
DQB4-F5B3-ZV6YP
9R19-3CZY-RNFRT
FCRD-5U3E-D77UE

Access Item Storage Anywhere
Press L + Y

UBEY-CRGX-QK3F4
N443-938J-BHTFJ
TZQT-YZGR-36PPE
MW29-T5KY-BE9CJ
TDNK-9JZ5-QU6B4
XAMC-521Y-G4Z86
FM6D-MH74-8D18N
F54G-NKJQ-494WD
ZN9H-73YF-9DVZG
Very good friends, I have problems with the version of the game id GBIP08 for Europe, the game remains on a black screen, the game works perfectly in the version Dolphin 5.0 - 18299, after that version up to the current Dolphin 5.0 -19976, it remains on a black screen and it has been Impossible to emulate it I have tried with the configuration given here in the wiki XFBToTextureEnable = False and CPUThread = False and I have not been able to emulate it in any way in the new versions of the emulator any solution to this problem I clarify all the other games emulates them perfectly only this is the What does this problem have, any solution? thank you
(08-22-2023, 03:45 PM)megamanxzero Wrote: [ -> ]Very good friends, I have problems with the version of the game id GBIP08 for Europe, the game remains on a black screen, the game works perfectly in the version Dolphin 5.0 - 18299, after that version up to the current Dolphin 5.0 -19976, it remains on a black screen and it has been Impossible to emulate it I have tried with the configuration given here in the wiki XFBToTextureEnable = False and CPUThread = False and I have not been able to emulate it in any way in the new versions of the emulator any solution to this problem I clarify all the other games emulates them perfectly only this is the What does this problem have, any solution? thank you

the problem still extist with the latest developer build...........
(01-25-2024, 08:45 AM)gabberhead Wrote: [ -> ]the problem still extist with the latest developer build...........

I instafixed it by trying this little workaround from this link:
https://github.com/libretro/dolphin/issu...-770043422

"Hi guys, I found a workaround for RE :
In \RetroArch-Win64\saves\dolphin-emu\User\GameSettings   -folder, create or update the following file :

GBIP08.ini "
Code:
[Video_Hacks]
XFBToTextureEnable = False
DisableCopyToVRAM = False

# Only if you want fo force 4/3
[Video_Settings]
AspectRatio = 2 

"For Baten Kaitos and Sonic 2, I think there's something wrong with : CPUThread = false
Using true, the games launch, but it's definitively not recommended for Sonic 2 (I don't know for BK but GameSettings files in Sys folder are defined on false)."
[attachment=20847]
(02-04-2024, 07:35 PM)mrsushi Wrote: [ -> ]I instafixed it by trying this little workaround from this link:
https://github.com/libretro/dolphin/issu...-770043422

"Hi guys, I found a workaround for RE :
In \RetroArch-Win64\saves\dolphin-emu\User\GameSettings   -folder, create or update the following file :

GBIP08.ini "
Code:
[Video_Hacks]
XFBToTextureEnable = False
DisableCopyToVRAM = False

# Only if you want fo force 4/3
[Video_Settings]
AspectRatio = 2 

"For Baten Kaitos and Sonic 2, I think there's something wrong with : CPUThread = false
Using true, the games launch, but it's definitively not recommended for Sonic 2 (I don't know for BK but GameSettings files in Sys folder are defined on false)."

I have black screen on Batocera, anything solution? I have look strange solution with downclock 59mhz , savegame after screen "capcom" ,revert the clock at original, and Load game, and go, but is crazy solution
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11