Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Resident Evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Ok I gonna save in-game and try to transfer to the latest build. Maybe it will solve my problem. If not, I restart the game. In my case savestates cause soundissues. I ll give you a feedback later. Thanks
EDIT: Data does not exist.
Ok, that means it doesn't work. I transfered the hole memorycard folder
(05-22-2013, 02:25 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2013, 01:13 AM)REBERT Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you are right, this is not the latest build, but when I started playing RE-remake it was the latest. When I use another one I must restart the game because the savestate doesnt work than. I guess I ll give it a try when I do not find a solution. No fun to play it again and again

You'd better use in-game saves rather than savestates. Thereby you'll be able to transfer your saves from a build to another one. Also savestates aren't 100% reliable and may cause issues. You might be experiencing this Big Grin
My thoughts exactly. While I use save states quite a bit in all my games, I always save regularly using the normal save functions.
(05-22-2013, 07:33 AM)Nameless Mofo Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2013, 01:13 AM)REBERT Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you are right, this is not the latest build, but when I started playing RE-remake it was the latest. When I use another one I must restart the game because the savestate doesnt work than. I guess I ll give it a try when I do not find a solution. No fun to play it again and again

You'd better use in-game saves rather than savestates. Thereby you'll be able to transfer your saves from a build to another one. Also savestates aren't 100% reliable and may cause issues. You might be experiencing this Big Grin
My thoughts exactly. While I use save states quite a bit in all my games, I always save regularly using the normal save functions.

Saving often doesn't necessarily mean that all will be well. People have reported that creating an in-game save based off of a savestate can still be problematic. The only guaranteed way to not have any save-related issues is to avoid savestates altogether.
(05-22-2013, 07:42 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2013, 07:33 AM)Nameless Mofo Wrote: [ -> ]

Saving often doesn't necessarily mean that all will be well. People have reported that creating an in-game save based off of a savestate can still be problematic. The only guaranteed way to not have any save-related issues is to avoid savestates altogether.
Ya don't say... I can only speak from personal experience, but I've never had such a problem.

Of course now that I've said that, I've jinxed myself and guarantee that I'll corrupt my most valuable save..... Big Grin
Ok, yesterday I started a new game ... I got the gems now Smile Dont know what the problem was. Either using savestates or build 3.0 causes problems. Hope I can end the game without any issues. Thank you guys
(05-22-2013, 08:24 PM)REBERT Wrote: [ -> ]Either using savestates or build 3.0 causes problems

It's more likely to be savestates. I could finish the game with Dolphin 3.0 without any issue.

Anyway the most important is that it works for you now. Enjoy Big Grin

XVermillion

I'm having a new problem playing this game: I'm trying to load a save from gamefaqs and I understand how to use the Memcard Manager but no matter which revision I use (Default 3.5, 3.5-367 or a specialized rev) it never asks to create a Memory Card, even from a fresh install (just extract the emulator and load the iso without touching any settings).

In the GC folder it creates SRAM and I can still save in-game but that save seems to be located in User>Wii>title>00010000>52453445>data so, uh, what gives?

Edit - Well it appears I'm a moron since I have the Wii version instead of the GC version. Disregard.

Roundlay

Sorry to diverge from the discussion somewhat, but I'm having an issue with the game and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I managed to play through the entire game around June/July of last year without any performance or Dolphin related issues. Attempting to do so again this year has resulted in Dolphin crashing to desktop at seemingly random moments during gameplay. This could occur 5 minutes in, 40 minutes in, or at any time in between. This random crashing occurs on all builds of Dolphin, however audio synchronisation is much worse with recent builds so I've been sticking to 3 and 3.5.

Could this be as a result of having upgraded to Windows 8 from 7, or any other system related issues? Has anyone else experienced this?

Roundlay

(08-22-2013, 06:29 PM)Roundlay Wrote: [ -> ]...I managed to play through the entire game around June/July of last year without any performance or Dolphin related issues. Attempting to do so again this year has resulted in Dolphin crashing to desktop at seemingly random moments during gameplay. This could occur 5 minutes in, 40 minutes in, or at any time in between. This random crashing occurs on all builds of Dolphin, however audio synchronisation is much worse with recent builds so I've been sticking to 3 and 3.5. ...
Managed to sort this issue out by upgrading my graphics drivers (using a GTX 690) to the latest beta release (326.80). Apologies for the back-to-back posts, but thought this might help someone troubleshooting down the line.
The game no longer slows down with EFB set to ram.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11