Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Resident Evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hmm it uses bounding boxes erroneously yet the game functions fine with them disabled? Weird.

So is that option still present and disabled for D3D? Don't feel like checking but I presume it is since it's still fullspeed with D3D.
The same thing happens in RE4. The intro cutscene only runs half speed now in OpenGL. D3D seems to get a little slowdown too, just not as bad as OpenGL. It used to run full speed with both backends.
We're investigating a way to fix this, don't worry.
Is the slow RS remake still an issue in the latest dev? I was planning on getting the remake. if yes what is the latest working version?
It's an issue in Latest Dev from the bounding box rewrite. Just look for a build before that. The Game uses bounding box and then does nothing with it, so when we enabled bounding box for all games, some games did stupidity like this.
(11-01-2014, 11:04 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]RE: Remake running slow in recent dev builds for anyone else? I tested it out and was getting little over half speed even after turning down settings.

Edit: I should specify only under OpenGL is the speed regression present, tested DX11 and the game was running full speed.

That weird on mine if I have opengl there is no slow down, where as my direct3D option is slow.
(11-01-2014, 11:46 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2014, 11:04 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]RE: Remake running slow in recent dev builds for anyone else? I tested it out and was getting little over half speed even after turning down settings.

Edit: I should specify only under OpenGL is the speed regression present, tested DX11 and the game was running full speed.

It is probably due to bounding box option being removed and enabled in every game. Resident evil took a hit but with no obvious benefits and they are searching for alternatives including reverting to how it was.

I'm assuming this hasn't been fixed yet? I tried Resident Evil tonight and it runs very slow in the main hall of the mansion and in the dining room. What version would I have to revert to where I can disable/enable bounding box? I really want to play this game again without hooking up my GameCube.
On your computer, you wouldn't be affected by the bounding box stuff, thus you're having other problems.
Plays the PC Version remaster!!!

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.
The normal speed will be available when the agreement between Capcom and dolphin will be over.

Moreover the first page of dolphin website now doesn't redirect you to the stable build anymore, this is for Capcom to be sure that people go to the

development version witch is the one who makes Re remake very slow.

Anyway i don't know when the agreement will be over.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11