Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
First post here, read the FAQ and ended up here. Please do not decapitate me if I took a wrong turn.

Today I started Metroid Prime 2 (echoes) on Dolphin 3.5 (release version) to try my new GC Controller adapter.

After a few minutes, when you jump after dark Samus into the parallel dimension for the first time and the game tells you that you lost all your suit upgrades, Dolphin.exe stopped working.
I made a save file before jumping into the dimension so I restarted Dolphin, watched the cutscene again and Dolphin.exe crashes again. Every time (no matter what I did ingame) when the last message of the suit malfunctions was displayed, the game crashed.

So since I was pretty much at the start (tho it took me somewhat long since I tried to scan everything) I decided to restart the game and just rush to the point to see if it happens again. This time I actually go past it and comparably far. Finished the entire room AFTER the first ingame save-spot.
I then decided to try and reload the ingame save-spot, just to have the game crash instantly after leaving the save-room.

Restarted the entire game again and this time it crashed in the second room from the landing zone.

Is there any way to stabilize this? Or to avoid those crashes? I don't really have speed issues (tho when I tried disabling dual core it was awfully slow) so I'd be fine with playing it with safe settings over max performance settings.

Any tips for me? A different build of Dolphin? Different settings? (I attached Dolphin.ini and copied the contents of DSP.ini and gfx_dx9.ini into the Dolphin.ini so you can see the settings I'm running)

I think you can see my computer setup in my profile (since I had to fill it in during registration), if that is not the case just ask me and I will post what you need.
Same for any other information you might need.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
Try delete the speedhack in the gameini

[Speedhacks]
#Patch OSYieldThread to take more time - MP2's idle loop is really stupid.
0x80375c68=400
Hello Hyperspeed!
Thanks for your answer.

I opened the G2ME01.ini in Dolphin\User\GameConfig (I hope that's the gameini you're refering to) but couldn't fine a line resembling the one you posted.
The only one would be ZTPSeedupHack. But this one is already set to 0 (I guess that's the Twilight Princess Speedup Hack?)

Aside from that I cannot realy make out what
Quote:[Speedhacks]
0x80375c68=400
is referring to.
Would you mind elaborating on that?

Thanks a lot in advance.

edit: attached the .ini of the game in case it's ill configured.
Here:
(02-08-2013, 04:42 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Try delete the speedhack in the gameini

[Speedhacks]
0x80375c68=400

(02-08-2013, 09:36 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Here:
Wow I feel kinda dumb for missing that (tho I did use strg+f... whatever)

Thanks for pointing it out.

Do I delete the
[Speedhacks]
0x803758bc=400

or do I put the

between it?

I'll try with deletion first tomorrow and tell you how it wen't (it's kinda late over here now)

Thanks for the support up to now you two. I'll let you know how it worked!
So I deleted the 2 Speedhack lines and the game ran a bit slower at first but got up the normal speed later (no idea how or why that was the case)

I started from the beginning again and got to the second save spot at wich point the game keeps crashing.
Whenever I enter the room where the save spot is, the game crashes. (one time it even crashed when opening a normal door, probably while loading the next area)

Any ideas? I'd really love to play through it on my PC as I just bought a Gamecube-Controller adapter Confused And aside from crashing it works almost flawlessly (the cutscenes have stuttering music but that does not really bother me)
You said disabling Dual Core didn't help you?
(02-09-2013, 09:11 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]You said disabling Dual Core didn't help you?
When I tried disabling it the game became unplayably slow. Like 40% emulation speed. That really doesn't work at all. (and I cannot even tell if the problem would still be there)

edit: just tested it with dual core disabled and it still crashes when I enter the room with the save spot

another edit: noticed hyperspeeds line under [Speedhack] differs from mine, why is that?
his:
0x80375c68=400
mine:
0x803758bc=400

AAAND another edit: just tried it with his Speedhack line and it didn't crash. I'll try it with this config and come back with more info on if and how it works tomorrow.

Any explanations on what the speedhack does and what the difference between his value and mine does?
So further into the game it crashed again (at the hologram after the morph bomb)
Tried removing the 2 speedhack lines completely and now it works... seems like I need to constantly change that line in order to get thorugh the game Sad

edit: After playing a lot more today I can confirm what I wrote above

I am currently switching between
[Speedhacks]
0x80375c68=400
for normal play
and disabling this setting for parts where the game crashes.

That seems to be working for me. The game MOSTLY crashes on cutscenes, but not all of them and sometimes on random areas.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13