Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

DamnWarren

(10-03-2019, 10:26 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on the latest dev build of Dolphin? Have you tried restarting your computer? Did you turn cheats on?

I'm on 5.0, I'm not sure if thats the latest version but I'm assuming it would update. and I tried it again after giving it a days break and its still very low. Turning on cheats somehow made it a *little* better, but it was only like a 5 or 6 frame difference it was still unplayable.
Go to this link https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ and get whatever is the latest dev build. 5.0 stable doesn't have the auto updater, but the latest dev builds do. Don't unzip it over the 5.0 stable install though, that will cause problems. Put it somewhere else. And yes, all your saved data will transfer over (as long as you aren't using portable mode. If you don't know what that is, then you aren't).

Do a restart for your computer, not a shutdown, and try again. This bypasses Windows fast boot, as fast boot can cause problems sometimes.

Make sure cheats are turned off, as they can do bad things to your FPS sometimes.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel, and then go to 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings, and create a profile for Dolphin (if you don't already have one). Then, set the Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance. This is because sometime GPUs don't correctly identify Dolphin as needing a lot of GPU power because Dolphin does weird things that normal games don't do

DamnWarren

(10-04-2019, 09:19 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Go to this link https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ and get whatever is the latest dev build. 5.0 stable doesn't have the auto updater, but the latest dev builds do. Don't unzip it over the 5.0 stable install though, that will cause problems. Put it somewhere else. And yes, all your saved data will transfer over (as long as you aren't using portable mode. If you don't know what that is, then you aren't).

Do a restart for your computer, not a shutdown, and try again. This bypasses Windows fast boot, as fast boot can cause problems sometimes.

Make sure cheats are turned off, as they can do bad things to your FPS sometimes.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel, and then go to 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings, and create a profile for Dolphin (if you don't already have one). Then, set the Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance. This is because sometime GPUs don't correctly identify Dolphin as needing a lot of GPU power because Dolphin does weird things that normal games don't do

Didn't think it would work but it did, thanks so much my man!

sovereign09

These instructions don't fix the visor issue on Androird:

Visors will only work if Store EFB Copies to Texture Only is disabled. Though Store EFB Copies to Texture Only is forced off by the GameINI, visor corruption may still occur if the graphics configuration window is opened during gameplay before 5.0-4171. Disable Store EFB Copies to Texture Only in the Dolphin GUI to avoid any problems.

Other suggestions?
(01-20-2020, 08:36 AM)sovereign09 Wrote: [ -> ]These instructions don't fix the visor issue on Androird:

Visors will only work if Store EFB Copies to Texture Only is disabled. Though Store EFB Copies to Texture Only is forced off by the GameINI, visor corruption may still occur if the graphics configuration window is opened during gameplay before 5.0-4171. Disable Store EFB Copies to Texture Only in the Dolphin GUI to avoid any problems.

Other suggestions?

Since you're on Android, there's most likely a driver problem that's making it break. Changing graphics backend may or may not help.

Silential

Ok so I'm new to these forums, so I apologize if this is the wrong place for my query.

My predicament is quite simple, Metroid prime 2: echoes runs around 30 fps with horrible audio stuttering. All the whilez I know I can run it at a semi decent speed. As I have before. Today when I turned dolphin back on, the game runs horribly and I can't get it back to playable.

I have tried everything I can find. I have deleted shader caches, I have disabled the efb, I've tried with and without deffering efb to ram. I've tried both enabled and disabled xfb. I've tried vulkan, gl, d3d11, d3d12. They all work equally.

I've deleted config... Ive run the game at least 4 times for about 5 minutes each time I change a setting hoping that it will figure it out, but it never does.

I am on Windows 10. However when I chose vulkan, dolphin warned me that I'm on Windows 7??? Which makes no sense to me.

Again, I've got this game to run fine before, so idk what the issue is now. Is there a magic setting that I'm missing? I've seen people run this game on worse systems than I've got so im at a loss.

PS. Pardon my typos, I'm on mobile

Bugin

Hi, I'm pretty new to the whole world of Dolphin, but I've been having some issues with Metroid Prime 2. It runs fine for the most part now that I've enabled ubershaders, but when I go to the map screen, it seems to get slower and slower the more of the map I uncover. It's still playable, but it's distracting and weird to have the game (and music) start chugging along at 60% of the speed when I'm trying to look at the map to see where I can go.

Has anyone else faced the same issue or have any advice for me?
(06-17-2020, 03:35 AM)Bugin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm pretty new to the whole world of Dolphin, but I've been having some issues with Metroid Prime 2. It runs fine for the most part now that I've enabled ubershaders, but when I go to the map screen, it seems to get slower and slower the more of the map I uncover. It's still playable, but it's distracting and weird to have the game (and music) start chugging along at 60% of the speed when I'm trying to look at the map to see where I can go.

Has anyone else faced the same issue or have any advice for me?

This is a very common problem and there is no good solution. If you're curious, it's caused by the way the lines are rendered.

Bugin

(06-17-2020, 05:51 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very common problem and there is no good solution. If you're curious, it's caused by the way the lines are rendered.

Interesting, well thanks for the heads up about it.

M4sonH

Hello, everyone.
I made this account to post an issue I have while playing in the agon wastes area.

Whenever I face any Sandigger, the screen stretches like crazy (I think it goes from 4:3 to a stretched 16:9)
I have a video of this happening while I fight the bomb guardian.
In that video, I'm using a widescreen hack to avoid the stretched screen, anyway, it still does it, even if I disable any widescreen hack/setting, the results are the same, I haven't play any further than that, so I can't know if this occurs any other place in the game. I suspect that the sandiggers trigger this bug.

Here's a link to the video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uccJqh8...sp=sharing

Thanks in advance for any further reply to my issue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13