Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Assassin47

What is The best Dolphin Version/Revision for Metroid Prime 2? (For Compatibility)
Latest as well
I'm using Dolphin revision 3.5-1701.

Black Bar and Severe Stutters
I am not getting any of this. To avoid crashes (error message saying cpu and gpu is desynced):
- DO NOT enable DSP on thread
- DO NOT enable OpenMP Texture Decoder
These will result in an infinite loop of error messages.

Most Compatible Settings
The most compatible settings for me are:
-OpenGL backend;
-All speed hacks off;
-All enhancements off;
-Texture cache accuracy to Fast;
-DSP to Thread OFF;
-OpenMP Texture Decoder OFF;
-DSP LLE

-EFB Copies to RAM (cache enabled) (Enables correct emulation of scanners);

-External Frame Buffer to Real (see notes below);
The EFB has to be set to Real otherwise after saving a game at a Save Station, the graphics will become corrupted making the game un-playable. Setting XFB to Real when the game is running fixes the issue but causes the cpu and gpu to desync causing an infinite loop of error messages.
With the settings above I get full 60fps on my rig.
Update:

I has also found that setting Sound to Surround within the game option will cause an error message saying cpu and gpu is desynced.
(08-08-2013, 04:38 AM)Optimis0r Wrote: [ -> ]Update:

I has also found that setting Sound to Surround within the game option will cause an error message saying cpu and gpu is desynced.

Did you try OpenAL with Dolby Digital?
Yes I was testing OpenAL backend and its DPLII decoder with the game - thats how I found the crash. The game doesnt crash with OpenAL and the decoder option on if the game is set to stereo.

edit: So I tried again - Audio backend to OpenAL and DPLII on. launched the game and crashed within the menu (see attached image).
Then I kept crashing no matter what audio backend with the same error message. This was fixed by changing the graphics plugin settings from my default setting and back again.

wtf.
Right I narrowed down why the game keeps crashing -

- Dont use D3d9 or D3d11 backends - the game will crash at some point
- Dont change graphic hack settings when the game is running - this will cause the game to crash (sometimes immediately sometimes when going to a new area)

Recommended backend for this game is OpenGL. Use the latest version svn version of Dolphin and not the official 3.5 stable release.
With the OpenGL backend turn on Hacked Buffer Upload. Otherwise when you view the map the game will run at 50% speed.
This is tested on GTX780 - I am unsure if AMD cards need to do this. Been playing for over 2 hours with no crashes or black bar errors or stutters.
As of the latest SVN I have tested (3.5 1755) both DX11 and OpenGL backends are working.

With DX11 the game is playable now playable with the following caveats:

- Set XFB to disabled (however the game will have random texture garbage when switching to scan visor and loading from save game)
- Set XFB to virtual (screen will constantly flicker)
- set XFB to real = crash

OpenGL
- set XFB to virtual = severe texture corruption when loading from a save game.
- refraction slowdowns still happen!

But other than that the game is playable!

MetroidPrimeFan

I have Metroid Prime 2 on Dolphin. But when I beat Alpha Dark Splinter and meet U-Mos. I go to the Violet visor and it doesn't work even though I read the solving of the problem.
So you enabled EFB to RAM?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13