Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Wii System Menu + Channels (Functions but WIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
A bug was recently introduced and channel launching is not working. The bug affects versions 3.0-593 and later, currently 3.0-616.
Thank you Skid, that would explain it. Do you happen to know if quitting to the menu from inside a game is the same issue?
Quitting to the menu only works with old games (pre IOS30). I don't think the bug affects that.
On a freshly reinstalled Dolphin (rev 601), I can't quit back to menu using any game. If I use the JIT recompiler, it will load but say that the system files are corrupted. If I use the JITIL recompiler it will just hang dolphin.

I'm on Windows 7 x64, i2500K @4.0Ghz, 8gb DDR3 1600.

If nobody else is having this trouble, then I guess that it's something to do with my set up; but as it's a completely fresh install, I'm a bit confused as to what it might be.
Just wanted to report that since the channel-launching bug was reverted, quitting back to menu has also started working again.
How do I install channels. I installed a system menu dumped from the update partition my Brawl backup ISO. Unfortunately any channel I install (for example WiiWare and VC games), when you attempt to run them, they just jump back to the system menu. The game doesn't execute! I don't know why. I can only assume it has to do with the fact that my system menu install isn't complete. I installed the system menu with the file "RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v257.wad.out.wad" but there were like 30 wad files in that system update partition I dumped from my ISO (including a number of which were labeled IOS, and I believe IOS is an important part of the Wii System).

Can someone tell me which IOS wads I'm gonna need to install to make my System menu fully functional? The wad files that appear to be important system files, which are available the system update are:
BOOT2
IOS11
IOS12
IOS13
IOS14
IOS15
IOS17
IOS20
IOS21
IOS22
IOS28
IOS30
IOS31
IOS33
IOS34
IOS35
IOS36

Will I need all of these? Will I need more than these? Is an update an entire operational system, or an incomplete system intended to be applied to a preexisting system (which should have even more files in total than the update does)?

bobbyd

I have dumped my Wii NAND to Dolphin successfully(I hope). It was system menu version 4.3U. I am able to launch the system menu from Dolphin's main menu. However, hitting the home button, then pressing main menu - from ANY screen, ANY game - just results in a black screen being displayed. I also get a black screen when launching ANY Wii channel. In both cases, I must quit emulation. This is using Dolphin version 4.0.2.

Are there any settings I may need to check?

Thank you.
None of those things work atm so that is normal
I confirmed that the problem is dolphin emulator versions 4.0 and after, And the system menus being used. I have tested this with dolphin 3.5 with system menu 2.0U, With that being said dolphin 3.5 is functional with just system menu 2.0U anything higher will result with channels not being launched. See with the system menu 2.0U Channels Work just fine, plus you can return to the home menu trough any game. But That's not the case, with the new dolphin versions 4.0 and upper, Testing anything 4.0 and higher of Dolphin Revisions Results in THE SYSTEM MENU FILES ARE CORRUPTED with system menu 2.0U ,and just for you to know system menu 2.0 is the very first wii system menu.. Which could explain why its the only one that actually works. But sadly 2.0U on dolphin 4.0 and higher gets the system files are corrupted. Doesn't matter what settings you use in dolphin emulator same thing.\
But I did manage to confirm Wii system menu 4.3 works but sadly the channels don't launch, results in black screen.
I wish Wii system menu 2.0U would work with The new dolphin releases, as it is the only functional Wii system menu, that launches channels!!!!
My guess theirs a compatibly problem with the first Wii system menu 2.0U and the new dolphin 4.0 and higher. Maybe something was change that caused this issue???
Well I hope I Helped Yall to narrow down the issue. I too wish for SYSTEM MENU 2.0U to work just as it did in 3.5 with the new dolphin. Sad
Lumbeeslayer Wrote:But I did manage to confirm Wii system menu 4.3 works but sadly the channels don't launch, results in black screen.

Launching from the system menu was broken by ES_Launch. It originally worked but due to a bug it killed multiple-Wiimote support, so system menu launching was dropped. Using a different system menu version will not change that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12