Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Wii System Menu + Channels (Functions but WIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
did you close and reopen dolphin after installing the earlier menu?
I did that now and I'm getting "system files corrupt" message, so the install DID something at least

Ok corrupt with both v168 and 194, reinstalled v258 and the menu works... apparantly menus below 3.0 won'tSad
do you know which titles are installed on the nand?
Rather than installing the menu .wad directly, try this: open up the disc and extract the System Menu .wad, and put it in the same folder as your other games. Then it'll show up in your gamelist, and you should be able to launch that menu version directly just like any other game. That way, you're *sure* it's trying to boot the right version.
Thanks, I verified indeed the v194 and v168 aren't working.
I do have a lot of titles... Most Nintendo channels (everybody votes,mii contest channel etc.) many VC titles and the homebrew channel, can I just delete these and it will likely work? I'm not sure where they are though and what they're called (In wii>title>00000001 I see folders 0000000a etc...)

BTW if I use a clean Dolphin (without my NAND) and simply install a menu wad, it freezes at the first warning screen when I launch it, same with all versions if I launch/install them
Hi LPFaint, and many many thanks for your effort with this stuff!!!

I'm able to launch channels, like Mii Channel, from SysMenu. Also to come back to the SysMenu from a game, and also to see the save files in DataManagement from SysMenu.

But I can't launch a Disc Game from SysMenu!!! I get a Panic Alert, which I uploaded with this message!! [attachment=4305]

Is possible to launch a Disc Game from the SysMenu?? Am I doing something wrong?? needs to do something else????

Thanks!!! and Keep On, PLEASE!!
(09-09-2010, 05:29 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I verified indeed the v194 and v168 aren't working.
I do have a lot of titles... Most Nintendo channels (everybody votes,mii contest channel etc.) many VC titles and the homebrew channel, can I just delete these and it will likely work? I'm not sure where they are though and what they're called (In wii>title>00000001 I see folders 0000000a etc...)
BTW if I use a clean Dolphin (without my NAND) and simply install a menu wad, it freezes at the first warning screen when I launch it, same with all versions if I launch/install them

when installing the system menu with a clean dolphin are the default files under user / wii?
(09-09-2010, 06:03 AM)moinonono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi LPFaint, and many many thanks for your effort with this stuff!!!

I'm able to launch channels, like Mii Channel, from SysMenu. Also to come back to the SysMenu from a game, and also to see the save files in DataManagement from SysMenu.

But I can't launch a Disc Game from SysMenu!!! I get a Panic Alert, which I uploaded with this message!!

Is possible to launch a Disc Game from the SysMenu?? Am I doing something wrong?? needs to do something else????

Thanks!!! and Keep On, PLEASE!!
second report of that, which title are you trying to launch?
I'm not sure what do you mean with, which title am I trying to launch!!!
I understand that you ask in which directory of title I have my game(s) save. If you're asking that, my saves are in .../title/00010000

But I'm not sure if you mean that, so sorry if I'm wrong

Well, I created a thread for this but looks forgotten so, let's give it another try.

I'm using Dolphin latest svn at the moment (r6189), and loading the Wii Menu v193 so I can install channels. It load smoothly, but when I load any channel (Mii Channel, Dr. Mario...) the Wiimote stop working. The channel DOES work (you can see the Mii's walking around, or the warning screens of Dr. Mario autoskipping) but the Wiimote (real, Nintendo one) does nothing. The cursor does not appear on screen and no button has any effect.

I have to press Esc and come back to the main emu window.

PS: I tried bot Wiimote plugins; old and new, incomplete one.

Any ideas?
moinonono: what is the name of the game you are trying to start?

weinflames: disconnect / reconnect the wiimote (alt + F5)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12