Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Wii System Menu + Channels (Functions but WIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Is there a way to uninstall a Wii System Menu?
Also, After the warnign screen it loads in to blackness, nothing pops up.

I'm using a WAD from NUSD. V481 2.2U
rv4699
I really don't know how you can make wii menu to work...I've tried lots and lots of revisions but no luck...
I have a question. I could install the menu and it's running nicely. But I have installed the mii channel twice and I can't delete the channels...

How can I delete channels ?
In my tests you can install Virtual Console Games normally, they will appear on Wii menu, but launching them will freeze the emulator in a black screen (launching directly from gamelist works OK).
Mario Kart Channel are shown if you use a NAND dump that have the channel installed, installing from the gamelist won't work (if you launch them they will freeze the emulator in a black screen as occur with Virtual Console titles).
Disc Channel recognise some NTSC games if you set them as default ISO on Dolphin Configuration.

iBlade

1st i would like to say that DOLPHIN IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING .... 1 problem though, installing the wii menu doesnt effing work hahhahah .... no i tryed um using 4.2u and 4.2j created in NUSD and followed the steps exactly as described, and always seem to get the same result being that after the health and safety it goes black ... I was able to get mii channel installed with ease, but cant figure this out ... i am using build SVN R 6564, which is the newest i believe .... Any help would be great... Also Mario Galaxy 2 bosses ... after the first one it goes black as well any thoughts ?
Wow guys for me works perfect with the system menu 2.0 and Dolphin 6448 but i have one problem when i create a save says there is no space and therefore can not save...there is a solution?

Thanks For Answer
Also I'd like to know how to uninstall it if possible. I deleted different files once till i was unable to click "install" again. But dont know what else i destroyed by doing so and what files are really needed to be deleted.

dannyb78

what about black screen?
I tried several version of system menu but after the healt advise i get only a black screen? how can I get the menu working?

after I installed the system menu I0m able to run some channels directly, but I cant' see the wii home menu. I always get a black screen instead.

SOLVED
I solved this problem installing the ios80 (IOS80-64-v6943), then reinstalling the 4.3 menu. Now menu works, and some channels too, but I'm not able to access console configuration via the system menu
I apparently installed a bad Wii system menu in Dolphin, and I don't see a way to uninstall or update it. Help?

(I'm getting a new one from NUSD right now, I just need to know how to install it.)

Edit: Found it. Got the path to the menu from User/Config/Dolphin.ini then deleted the folder and the install option reappears.
Fwiw all sysmenu versions should work
Files are getting corrupted when you stop emulation thinking that the menu is frozen when it is creating a somewhat large file
So on first launch of the menu be patient Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12