Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Wii System Menu + Channels (Functions but WIP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

mrman

Hello,

I am having problems booting games from the menu

I currently have the latest dolphin build (6201) and have successfully installed my backed up system menu 2.2 by clicking install menu and selecting the wad file.

The system menu loads perfectly and it also boots games correctly.

However after booting the game a message pops up telling me that I have no space available, thus I cannot save my game. This only happens when I load a game from the menu, since booting a game directly from the list gives me no problem at all.

I am also running the OS X version of dolphin.

I hope you can have a look at this, as I have searched the forums (including this thread) and have found nothing.

Thank you and best regards.
Hi,

I've build R6215 installed and my Wii Menu Version is v518 from NUS.
My problem is, that I can not access Mii-Channel from menu.
My Mii-Channe Version is v6 and it is installed to Wii-Menu and also visible there. But when I try to start the Mii-Channel from menu, the screen turns grey and dolphin crashes!

I'm using the new wii-mote plugin, and DX9.
3SE, try unticking "Insert SD card" in the options. The channels seem to load more reliably with that option unticked. I haven't worked out why yet.
(09-18-2010, 10:39 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]3SE, try unticking "Insert SD card" in the options. The channels seem to load more reliably with that option unticked. I haven't worked out why yet.

Thank you for your reply, but "insert sd card" is not checked in my configs, so its not the cause for the crash.

Add. info: I'm running Windows 7 x64 Pro and x64 version of dolphin!
Another crash happens when I'm e.g. at the mail-menu (in German "Wii-Pinnwand" - English something like "wii-blackboard") and pressing the home-button on my wii-mote. Then I get the error-msg:

---------------------------
Warning
Unknown pointer address prefix FF, report this to the devs: 0xFFFFFFFF
Continue?
Ja Nein

I can check "Yes" and dolphin will enter the main-menu, but the wii-mote will not work anymore.
(09-19-2010, 12:00 AM)3-S-E Wrote: [ -> ]---------------------------
Warning
Unknown pointer address prefix FF, report this to the devs: 0xFFFFFFFF
Continue?
Ja Nein

I can check "Yes" and dolphin will enter the main-menu, but the wii-mote will not work anymore.

After this occurs it is necessary to disconnect / reconnect the wiimote
(altf-6)
Looking good, but the menu seems to get brighter for some reason after the channels are added. The menu slowed down a lot, too. Good work still.

[Image: menu1gl.th.jpg]

Hi,

I have successfully installed the wii menu (v5.14) using your instruction, it works but I cannot go to the "wii" menu : the screen becomes blacks and it just hangs there.

I am using dolphing v5314 and 6215 : same results.

Has anyone managed to make the wii menu work ?

Thanks a lot.
(09-23-2010, 05:59 PM)jpoubelle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have successfully installed the wii menu (v5.14) using your instruction, it works but I cannot go to the "wii" menu : the screen becomes blacks and it just hangs there.

I am using dolphing v5314 and 6215 : same results.

Has anyone managed to make the wii menu work ?

Thanks a lot.

Only Wiimenu 2.2 work (only PAL Wiiware and Virtual Console). Wiimenu 3x dont load game of the channel.
Thanks ! I'll try v2.2

oldmanbluntz

i see to have found something pertaining to the black screen lockup that happens after the warning screen. i'm rocking dolphin 6300, with wii menu 2.2E downloaded from NUSD. if i leave everything default on a vanilla install of dolphin 6300 x64 i can get the menu to run, but if i change any setting for the controller, it freezes on me. i can change any other setting, but not anything having to do with the controller. i hope this helps
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12