Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin never runs full speed on paper mario ttyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello guys, I have a youtube channel where I want to make Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door gameplays. But I cannot seem to get Dolphin to work at full speed. I have tried changing between opengl, direct3D 11 and 12. But no matter what I do there is always a spot in the game where it lags and I get really stressed out! I have spent somewhere between 1.5K to 2K canadian dollars on my laptop which is running from a gtx 960m and intel corei7 6700hq. I would expect that my game would run fine! But I cannot find any solutions on the internet and I am just feeling exhausted and I cannot afford a capture card to record my wii. If anyone knows any good nvidia control panel settings I could use that would be amazing! If I can fix this issue that would really make my day!

oh and btw my power savings are always set off and I leave my laptop plugged in! it never overheats either and runs games fine!

I will also provide my nvidia 3d settings

[attachment=16115]
[attachment=16116]
[attachment=16117]
[attachment=16118]
Show us screenshots of your Dolphin graphics settings please. Also, what version of Dolphin are you using?
Forks of the official dolphin releases are not supported here. You will have to get help from the fork maintainer.
(07-14-2017, 11:45 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Forks of the official dolphin releases are not supported here. You will have to get help from the fork maintainer.

forks?
(07-14-2017, 11:45 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Forks of the official dolphin releases are not supported here. You will have to get help from the fork mainta
You lost me sir. I don't speak whatever martian language that is. But I really really need to find out why I can't get the game to run full speed. 
We don't support the VR fork of Dolphin by carl kenner.
The Dolphin VR is a custom version of Dolphin that isn't a part of the main official code due to the fact that the author hasn't uploaded their changes. Even if they were to upload their changes, I think there's a licensing issue with Dolphin and the VR code libraries being used.

So what you should do is use the latest official Dolphin dev build https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ , or ask the Dolphin VR dev
KHg8m3r Wrote:due to the fact that the author hasn't uploaded their changes.

Not that we'd accept Carl Kenner's contributions after everything that happened. Not only is his code rather shoddy, he is a more than a bit of a jerk.
(07-14-2017, 12:29 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Not that we'd accept Carl Kenner's contributions anyway. Not only is his code rather shoddy, he is a more than a bit of a jerk
I didn't think I had any forked versions. How do I fix this then? Because I just downloaded from the main thing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6